Merlin

This was a request

Arthur x reader

Title: Shooting Stars

3rd person POV

You walked around the castle, with a basket of laundry in your arms. A neighboring kingdom has come to Camelot to sign a peace treaty. And you were the lucky maid to serve the princess Adalaine. Don't let her long brown hair, and her crystal blue eyes fool you. She might be pretty. but her personality is quite the opposite.

" Y/N!" Adalaine yells from her cushioned bed.

" Yes miss?" You make sure to look at her, other wise it was "rude not to look at your superiors."

" Get me some food," the princess walks over to the window," I'm hungry."

Your eyebrows knit together, " are you sure miss? You just ate." You take a step away from the princess, knowing you should have not said that.

" Are you," Adalaine takes a step towards you, " calling me fat?" She crosses her arms across her chest, walking to you faster with each step.

" No miss," your eyes widen," not at all." Your body tenses.

" Good," She glares at you, lifting her head," now go get me some food." Adalaine points at the door. You nod, walking to the door, hearing " peasant." You stop in the doorway. You close you eyes, and inhale a deep breath, then continuing to walk to the kitchen. On your way, you pass Prince Arthur, your best friend. You and Arthur have known each other since you could walk. Your father was a knight in the Camelot army, your mom a maid, so you grew up in the castle. One night, you father went into war, where he died. For your mother, she died from sorcery. During those times, Arthur was there for you when no one else was. He understood what it was like to loose a parent. He understood your pain. As time past, you started to grow feelings for the blue-eyed prince. You couldn't help but fall for Arthur. He is willing to give up his life for his kingdom and friends. After your parents passed, Uther let you live in the castle. As you passed Arthur, you gave him a look, he laughed, walking over to you.

" Meet me in the usual spot." He whispers. Arthur and you, meet up everyday and take a trail ride though the woods, talking about your day, or something on your mind. Arthur always complains about Merlin, but deep down you know that he can't live without him.

" Yeah," you scoff, rolling your eyes, "bring some wine. I'm gonna need it after today." You sigh, shaking your head. Arthur just laughs. " I'm glad you find my pain, amusing." You turn, to look at him.

" Oh come on Y/N," He crosses his arm over his chest, "she really can't be that bad."

An exasperated laugh escapes your lips, " oh yeah, she's worse than bad ." You say, running your hands over your face. You sigh, " well I guess I have to get her more food." Your hands drop to your side.

" What?!" Arthur looks at you, a confused look on his face,"we had breakfast a half an hour ago." He looks at you.

You turn around," heh, I know!" You wave to the blue eyed prince, continuing your way to the kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a day of hearing " Y/N do this." " Y/N, why did you do that?" " Y/N, I'm bored." " Y/N." Y/N." Y/N." All you want to do is complain to Arthur about how horrible Adalaine is, and relax.

" Alright Y/N, you can go for the night. Go do whatever you simpletons do in your free time." Adalaine, almost pushes you out of her room. Once her door shuts, you let out a sigh, running a hand though your h/c locks. You make your way back to your room before you meet with Arthur. You open the door to your simple room. White drapes hang from your bed, a dresser in the corner, next to a closet with a fire place. It's high class for a maid. Uther gave you a better room than most, your parents were friends with the king. You take a lilac cloak out of your closet, that goes with your white and lilac dress, then sit down on your bed for a moment, thinking about your day.