Grey's Anatomy

Fandom: Grey's Anatomy

Character: Jackson Avery

Title: I won't give up

This was a request from: glowsyshawn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

When you think of love what comes to mind? Is it Valentines day? Where lovers give each other chocolates, teddy bears, and roses? Or you think of a movie where two people accidentally bump into each other and helplessly fall for each other?

Those are the physical things that happen when your in love, but do you ever stop to think about what happens medically when you fall in love. Being in love can lower your blood pressure, therefore, lowering your chances of having a heart attack or stroke.

You become a happier person in general. Being in love releases a neurotransmitter in your brain, dopamine, which controls the pleasure center in your brain. This makes couples feel happier around each other. Along with happiness, you'll feel more close and attached. Depending on the stage of your relationship you'll feel less stressed.

Being a surgeon, I'm all for love. From what the studies show, it only has benefits, medically. But when your the one who falls in love, at first it can be scary. As you spend more time with the one you love, you get more and more comfortable with the person. You two eventually get so comfortable with each other, you can be your real-self around each other.

Luckily, I've found that type of love. The man I've fallen so helplessly in love with is Jackson Avery. Yes, I feel all the butterflies, he sent me roses and gave me chocolates on valentines day.

When I look into your eyes, it's like watching the night sky or a beautiful sunrise so much they hold

When Mercy West and Seattle Grace first merged, I thought it was the end of the world. Some people would loose their jobs, and I thought I would definitely be one of those people, since the merger I could never focus on my job because there was one surgeon from Mercy West who had ridiculously beautiful blue eyes. Over time, Mr. Blue eyes got the courage to come talk to me and that's when I knew I had already fallen for him. One time he told me that he was the 'pretty boy' in his family, and there was no denying that he was pretty. When he told me that I could see the sincere pain in his eyes. His whole family hadn't expected anything from him his whole life. And that destroyed him. He got everything handed down to him on a silver platter. His comfortable life style, his job, his money. By the look in his eyes, I can tell that was the opposite of what he wanted. He wanted to earn his money, he wants to earn his comfortable lifestyle. Whoever said "the eyes are the window to the soul" was right. Jackson's eyes are the window to his soul. You can tell what he's feeling just by looking in his eyes, no matter what he says he's feeling. His eyes hold so much.

And just like them old stars, I see that you've come so far. To be right where you are. How old is your soul?

Even though he is the pretty boy in his family, he showed them that he does indeed deserve to be in the place he is. Whilst being the pretty boy he worked hard, and did everything he had to do to earn the title he has now. He's a world renown plastic surgeon.

I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough. I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up.

"Jackson," exhaustion rings in my voice as tears stream down my face. "I don't know if we can do this anymore." I look down at my left hand. I've silently debated about this for a while now, whether or not this engagement is still a good idea. I love Jackson, I do, with all my heart. Something's been off between us for a while now, I don't know whether it's just added stress from work or if there's something between us that we can't fix.