Grey's Anatomy

Fandom: Grey's Anatomy

Character: Jackson Avery

Title: 4th of July

————————————————————————

Y/N's POV

This weekend.

This weekend is the weekend I looked forward to for my whole life. When I was younger, my parents had a cabin upstate and every 4th of July, we would pack everything up and go upstate, where we would go boating, swimming, eat s'mores, go fishing and definitely shopping. My whole mother's side would come up too. But most importantly when it got dark, we would grab some blankets, sparklers and some chairs and sit on the lakeshore and watch the county's fireworks.

So that's what I planned. Except my plans changed. Instead of having the weekend to myself, I invited my boyfriend, Jackson Avery. And being the person he is, he didn't pick up that it was a private get-away, so he invited everyone in our friend group. Including: Meredith, Derek, Cristina, Owen, Callie, Arizona, Alex, Mark, Lexie and April. That's 12 people, including Jackson and I. Now keep in mind that this cabin only has 3 bedrooms and a pullout couch in the basement. There's no way that all these people will fit in my house, which I tried telling them all but they still want to come. Which leads us today.

I sigh, throwing my suitcase into the trunk of my car as Jackson exits Meredith's house, dragging a couple suitcases behind him.

" You're bringing two suitcases and a duffel bag for two days?" I question him, raising my eyebrows. Jackson starts to say something but he gets interrupted by Sloan.

" If you're going to make us sleep on the floor, the least you could do is bring our suitcases." Mark grunts, dropping another bag on my shoulder, causing me to fall. But I don't hit the concrete beneath me, a pair of sturdy hands gently squeeze my hips, holding me up. My eyes meet Jackson's as a small smile rubs on his lips.

Instead of a thank you a sassy remark slips through my lips, " well no one said you had to come, Mark."

" It's starting to sound like you don't want us to come, L/N." Mark states, helping Owen pack things into the bed of his truck.

I roll my eyes and continue to shove things into my small car. Jackson must've seen the frustration that's scribbled across my face, so he wraps his arms around my waist, planting a kiss on my cheek.

" It's gonna be great," he whispers in my ear, his breath tickling my skin. " We'll go shopping, and I'll buy you lots of presents, then we'll go swimming and I'll get to see you in a bikini," his voice is dangerously low before he starts pressing kisses on my neck. " And then when we get home..."

" Jackson!" I giggle, as the kisses get rougher and press deeper into my skin. " We can save this for later." I snake out of his grasp and jog into the house, checking for any last minute items. I quickly scan the whole house and come out with a few more bottles of tanning spray and sunscreen, you can never have too much of either.

I walk out of the house, and see Jackson resting up against my car. I suddenly stop, and just get taken aback by my boyfriend's ( attractive) features. His hair curly is cut short and a a few shades darker than his tan skin tone, which makes his electric eyes pop. A huge smile is painted on his face as he looks down at his phone. 

( Little did you know he was looking at a picture of you and him cuddling while sleeping in an on-call room. Lexie accidentally walked on in and thought it was too cute to not take a picture )

I smile walking up to him, placing a kiss on his lips.

" You ready to head out?" He smiles, looking down at me.