Star Trek DS9

Fandom: Star Trek DS9

Character: Elim Garak

Title: I'm home

this was a request from: girlunderthestars_

sorry it took so long!! I've been crazy busy :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

" We lost him." Frustration racks through my body, as I back away from the patient. When you work in the med-bay anything is possible, but you never really expect to loose one of the crew members. Here on the USS Defiant, we're all like family. We work together, we eat together, we live together. And so far on our journey through space, we haven't lose a crew member. But now

we've lost one, and it was all my fault. 

" Y/N," my friend looks at me, "go home. You've been working for 48 hours, you need a break." I sigh knowing he's right. I've been up for 2 days, and I haven't been able to see my boyfriend, Elim Garak, at all. Of course I want to go home to Garak, but the vision of loosing the crew member replays in my mind, like a movie. Emotions stir within me, as my thoughts run wild. 

You could've done more.

You could've saved him.

It's all your fault.

These type of thoughts are dangerous, especially when you haven't slept in 2 day. I look back at the crew member, who just passed away, it is my fault. I could've done more to save him, but now I can't. It's too late.

I sigh and walk out of the med-bay, as tears start to sting my eyes. I did my best, I tried to save him. And that's all I could've done. I try to get those thoughts out of my mind, but there's only reason one person who can stop them and that's Garak. Garak always knows what to do, especially when I'm not in the best mood. He's the perfect guy, he's all I could ever want. To be honest I don't know how I got so lucky to call him mine. 

As a stray tear falls down my face, I walk into our shared quarters. Garak is sitting on our couch, re-watching Doctor Who.  On our date nights we would go out to eat then we come back home and change into our pajamas. After we changed into our pj's he would pour two glasses of wine and make popcorn, while I get the old re-runs of Doctor Who on and we would watch that until I fell asleep in his arms. 

As the doors to our quarters open, Garak's eyes meet mine. Once I enter, the tears start cascading from my eyes like a waterfall. Garak immediately gets off the couch and rushes over to me, cupping my face in his hands as he gently presses his lips against mine. For one pure moment, I forget all my troubles, I forget about the crew member, I forget about everything. When I'm with him I get disconnected.  Garak doesn't say anything, and he doesn't need to. He scoops me up in his arms and carries me over to the couch, gently laying me down. He walk into our room, and comes back out with blankets and pillows bunched up in his arms. He carefully tucks me in, and walks back into the kitchen. Garak comes back out with all my favorite candies and treats. As I see Garak walk my way I start to cry even harder. I grab his hand and yank him onto the couch. All the candies fall to the floor as he lands on the couch. 

I position myself so my head rests on his chest, as his arms wrap around me, pulling me closer into him. I listen to his heartbeat, trying to loose myself in it. 

" Y/N," Garak whispers in my ear, " there is nothing more in this universe that I love more than you." The pad of his thumb wipes the rest of my tears away. " You deserve all the happiness in this  universe. And no matter what comes our way, I will be there every step of the way. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you. I can see that you had a bad day, and I want you to know that you can tell me what happened when you're ready. I'm all ears." I look up at him, and admire the features of his face.

" Thank you." I whisper, gently pressing my lips against his. 

" I'll always be here." I rest my head back on his chest, and fall asleep, listening to his heart beat. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------