Star Trek ( New Years's Eve/ Holidays )

: REQUESTS ARE OPEN:

Warning: this is the rewrite

Fandom: Star Trek

Character: Jim Kirk

Title: New Year's

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd person POV

It was your first shore-leave through your five year mission through space, and it was just in- time for your favorite holiday. New Year's Eve. You always made at least one New Year's resolution.  Usually it was the basic start being more healthy, or start working out. But this year was going to be different. This year your resolution was to stay the same, and to cut all the toxic people out of your life.  And that was your plan, starting with the infamous Jim Kirk.

You had heard a rumor going around the ship about a bet that  the captain has to get a date with you or at least kiss you. And that's when Jim showed up at your quarter door and and asked you out. Most girls would be flattered and go out with him. But you were smarter than most and declined his offer. Everyday since then Jim has asked you out.  But thanks to the shore-leave you could finally escape Jim's pestering.

---------------------------------------------time skip to --December 30th  --------------------------------------------

Your attention from Netflix gets pulled away to your phone vibrating, alerting you that Uhura, your best friend, texted you.

U- Hey what are you doing for new years?

Y/N- nothing so far

U- good 'cuz then ur coming w me and some other crew members to a party

Y/N- ok. what am i supposed to wear fancy, casual or fancy casual?

U- fancy but not ball gown

Y/N- kk

--------- time skip to December 31- bc idk how to write :) ------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

The door to my house opens,  I see Uhura walking in with a smile on her face.

" Hey." I say looking at her then back at my phone.

" We have to get going, the party starts at 9 and it's 8:30." Uhura pulls me off of my couch and pulling me into the bathroom to put my makeup on.  I quickly spread on my foundation, then setting spray.  Then going onto eyeshadow, eyeliner,  faux lashes and contouring, then gliding on some matte red lipstick. And put some loose curls in my hair.

" Here," Uhura  throws a  beautiful, gold, sequin v-neck  dress into the bathroom, " try this on." I look at it the  sequin material, loving every part about this dress.

" Where did you get this?" I rush out of the bathroom, looking at Uhura in awe.

Uhura smiles, " I just found it in the back of my closet and thought you would like it.  And  I guess I was correct."   I look at her then back at the dress. " Keep it."

" Are you sure?"

" Of course!" She smiles, as I go to hug her then run back into the bathroom to change. I slip on the sparkly dress, that matches my makeup.  After straightening the dress out and checking myself in the mirror, then walking out for feedback from Uhura.

" Oh Y/N! It looks gorgeous!" Uhura rushes over to me, smiling.

" Oh thank you." I say hugging her.