Grey's Anatomy

Fandom: Grey's Anatomy

Character: Meredith Grey & Jackson Avery

Title: don't ever date a man who can't handle your power

This was a request from: shamira_avery
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* flash back to when you were 5 yrs old *

Y/N's POV

My mother shrugs on my coat and pulls it over my new poka-dot shirt, while she continues to talk about random people.

" Y/N," my mom looks at me straight in the eye, " don't ever date a man who can't handle your power."

And I still remember her word's today

Y/N's POV

Being born into a family of world-renowned surgeons it was only natural that I followed my parents' legacy and became one too. My grandmother, Ellis Grey, was the worlds' best general surgeon. My father, Derek Shepard, was the best there was, same with my mother, Meredith Grey.

I'm the eldest of the 4 Grey children.

Me, Y/N Grey.

Zola Grey, my little sister.

Bailey Grey, my little brother.

And last but not least Ellis Grey, my littlest sister, named after my grandmother.

I have the brains of 3 surgeons combined, that means I passed through school pretty easily, including Med school and surgical internship and residency with ease. Here I am, the world's best Plastic surgeon. Yes, I know what you're thinking..Plastics? I chose Plastics for my specialty? There's more to Plastics then just nose-jobs and implants. Most people think that I should've become a General Surgeon or a Neurosurgeon but those didn't interest me as much as Plastics. I got to train under the best, Mark Sloan, and I got to work with another legacy- Jackson Avery.

Jackson Avery

Jackson Avery

What comes to mind when you think of Jackson Avery?

Most, regular people would think of a legacy Plastic Surgeon, who makes the impossible...possible.

But I see something different...when I mean different...I mean different.

I see dazzling blue eyes and full pink lips that travel down into a very sharp jaw line. I see a very toned chest and a body that I've run my hands all over. I've felt the ways my hands blend perfectly in place with every dip of his body. I know what it's like to be in love with Jackson Avery.

Jackson and I have been dating for about 6 months now, but we've decided to keep it on the DL, just with us both starting our 1st year of being Attendings and both our parents being...well our parents.

My mother is Meredith Grey and his mother is Catherine Avery..his grandfather is the Harper Avery. We both have huge weights resting on our shoulders and the last thing we want to do is have our parents breathing down our necks and lecturing us about " being our best selves and unlocking our true potentials."

So here we are, in a locked on-call room, all the lights are off, the blinds are closed. Rain is pouring, making the room even darker. Jackson and I stand in the middle of the completely dark room, our arms are wrapped around each other. His breath is hot on my lips, as his fingers draw random patterns on my hips.

" Jackson," I whisper against his lips, " what if we get caught?"

A slight chuckle passes through his lips as his hands rub a little harder on my hips, " we're not going to get caught."

My hands run down his arms and into his hands, " you don't know that." I giggle as he presses his lips against my neck.

His kisses press deeper into my neck with more passion. My legs wrap around his waist as he presses me against the wall. I bite back a moan as his lips press deeper into mine.

I squint my eyes shut as a bring light shines upon Jackson and I. My eyes immediately find their way over to the light source as I see Alex's silhouette shine past the light. Jackson's body immediately leaves mine as the light reaches us.

" Wow," a low chuckle passes Alex's lips, " mini Grey with mini Avery." He scoffs at us once more before closing the door and walking down the hall.

I stare wide-eyed at Jackson who's staring back at me. I stare at him, completely speechless. I know what Alex is on his way to do. Right now he's walking down the hallway with a smug smirk on his face, and he's on his way to tell my mother what he saw. While Jackson and I stare each other clueless on what to do.

A frustrated sigh passes through my lips as I look back up at my boyfriend, " see I told you this would happen!"

Jackson looks at me, still speechless. I roll my eyes and rush out the door, slamming it behind me.

" Alex!" I yell from down the hall, I can basically feel his smirk from here.

" What do you want mini Grey?"

" You know what I want." I stop him.

" You want me to not tell Meredith that I saw you and pretty boy getting it on in an on-call room."

I run a nervous hand through my hair, " yes."

Alex puts a contemplative hand on his chin, before sprinting down the hall, heading towards my mother who's standing at the end of the hall. I sprint after him but I'm not quick enough, I'm standing about 15 ft away from them, as I watch Alex lean down and whisper something into her ear. Meredith's eyes meet mine, and my heart stops when a huge smile breaks out onto her face. I shift my eyes over to Alex who's quietly chuckling to himself and now I'm scared... what have I gotten myself into now?

My mom's arms wrap around as she embraces me into a tight hug, " I knew that you would be the spokesperson for the Harper Avery awards."

I pull away from her with a confused yet hopeful smile on my face, " ...thanks?"

" Meredith!" I hear Jackson's voice echo from down the hall causing butterflies to ignite in my stomach.

My mom's eyes leave mine and to Jackson's, within a blink of an eye Jackson's lips are on mine. I melt into the kiss, loving the way his lips taste of peppermint. Don't get me wrong, I love kissing Jackson but with my mother standing less than a foot away from me, watching me kiss someone that I'm not even ( supposed  to be ) dating is a little weird.

I reluctantly pull away from Jackson, already missing his warmth, as I turn towards my mother who has a neutral look on her face.

" Dammit!" She laughs, stomping her foot on the ground and turns around to Alex, handing him a $100 dollar bill. " You were right." She turns back to Jackson and I, giving Jackson her best stink eye.

" And you, young man," She jabs one finger into his chest, " you better treat her well, or you'll be doing scut for the rest of your career."

Jackson's eyes go wide as he swallows, nodding his head vigorously. I laugh, bringing my boyfriend in for one more kiss.

This is better than keeping our relationship a secret. Sure, when it was a secret, it was fun and risky, that kinda made it fun. But with it out in the open, it sets a different tone. That we don't have to be afraid anymore, we can hug and kiss each other as much as we want.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.