Grey's Anatomy

Fandom: Grey's Anatomy

Character: McDreamy 😉 ( Derek Shepherd )

Title: Breathe

Mentions of blood and serious injuries

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd person POV

It was very abnormal day at Seattle Grace Hospital. No traumas, no interns messing things up, no patients in the O.R. . Today was peaceful-no it's relaxing. It's  like the world just took a break on accidents and left surgeons with a day of rest. You sigh, basically throwing your lunch tray on the cafeteria's table.

" Woah," Alex almost jumps out of chair, in fear that you'd hit him. " What's got you so worked up?"

" I'm not worked up," you glare at him, " I'm bored. We work at the world's best hospital and nothing is happening today! There's only like four surgeries on the board for the whole day." I complain, leaning back in my chair while munching on a carrot.

" Ugh, I know." Christina joins me in complaining. " And I can't scrub in any of them."

" Well at least you get to watch--"

Out of nowhere the familiar sound of my phone rings from my pocket. I reach in the pocket of my light blue scrubs, pulling out my phone. A smile crosses my face when I see who it is. It's my mom, I haven't heard from her in ages.

" Hey mom!" I smile, standing up from the cafeteria table. I walk through the busy cafeteria,  swerving between people walking around.

" Y-Y-N," my mother's voice sniffs from the other end of the line.

" Mom?!" Worry starts to run a marathon up and down my spine, the worst scenarios rush through my mind. " W-what's wrong?"

" I-it's your brothers t-they were in an accident a-and it's bad." My mom's voice breaks over the phone. I can hear my heartbeat...every single beat in my chest. I can't just stand here, I need to do something. I need to move.

Move

MOVE!

I can't .

I'm frozen.

I can't breathe, it feels as if someone is choking me. I place my hand on my heart and feel it beating through my scrubs. All I want to do is curl up into a ball and cry. A choked cry forces its way up my throat, and a tear drops down from my eye. I quickly wipe it away before running back into the swarm of people. Eyes follow me everywhere, you don't usually see people running in cafeterias.

But before I can get back to the table, someone grabs my arm. " Y/N, are you okay?" I turn around to see a pair of shockingly, crystal blue eyes, who belong to Doctor Sheppard.

" U-um I-I'm fine." I start to pull away from him, but his grip tightens around my arm.

" No you're not."

" Just get ready for a trauma." He looks at me with questioning eyes and was about to say something but I pull away from him before he could. Quickly, I run to the table where my fellow residents and I sit. Everyone's eyes look at me, worry evident in their eyes.

" Trauma NOW!" All  four of them scramble up, some of them spilling coffee on the fake wooden table. The five of us run throughout the hospital's hallways. When you think of a hospital, you think of a good, clean place where people's lives are being saved. You don't necessarily think about people dying, about the bloody and severe cases that rush in through those sliding doors. After two excruciating minutes of running we reach the trauma center. I rock myself onto my tiptoes, trying to reach for a trauma gown but I hopelessly fail. Until a gently body presses against mine from behind. My body tenses quickly but I don't peel away from the warmth.  I tilt my head up and my e/c eyes meet a familiar pair of crystal blue eyes, making heat rush into my cheeks as Derek's body presses a little further into me before he reaches my yellow trauma gown.