chapter four

"Silence"

--

Ashton was brought to the hospital to check on his ears and eyes for any improvements were showing. They were waiting on the waiting room for Ashton's doctor to call him in. Luke was slouching on the chair with his hoodie on his head trying to take a nap while he's holding onto Ashton's left hand and letting him get a signal that Luke was still there. Ashton was waiting patiently, of course he couldn't see the children play right besides him playing their trucks and race cars, but also Ashton couldn't hear their rum rum sound as they played along crashing into the cars together. He sigh hopefully this would be over soon.

A doctor came out from the main door holding his clipboard and searching for the clients name with his naked eyes scanning until he found it and looked around the crowd waiting for him to announce the name

"Uh..Mr. Irwin here?" He says waking up Luke from his nap and tugs Ashton's hand to let him know it was time for him to be check out.

"C'mon babe it's your turn," getting up from his chair and slowly lifting Ashton up from the chair walking him towards the door, the doctor opened the door wide for them to enter without a rush. They stood there as the doctor enter after them and closed the door behind him.

"I need Mr. Irwin to step into the weight floor to measure him," Luke nodded on the doctors order making Ashton step on it slowly. The numbers were running randomly until they hit the perfect combination for his weight. It stopped. Luke and the doctor couldn't believe the number was showing.

"Have you been feeding him?"

"Of course!? This isn't possible. I feed him his favorite foods. Noodles burgers uhh possibly like not heavy heavy foods"

"Do you leave him alone at some point?" Says the doctor without a hesitation and writing on his clipboard.

"W-well I have to go to work for money of course and I leave him with some of my friends so he won't be so alone," Luke was feeling worried about the weight of Ashton's. 89 lb

He was shocked by the number. Never did he know Ashton was doing a sign. He can't tell Ashton why he's eating because he can't hear him.

"Well he seems to stop eating, do you mention your friends to feed him if he's hungry?" The doctor pulled a brand new Popsicle stick wrapped with white paper as he rips it off to check the inside of Ashton's mouth if there's anything wrong with the ends of his mouth. The doctor place his clipboard on a table that was used for decorations of the hallways with those fake flowers for furniture as he turns on his small flashlight placing it two mm away from Ashton's mouth.

Ashton slowly opening his mouth wide letting the doctor see as Luke speaks to him and watching him at the same time "no, but damn Ashton would be telling them if he's hungry or not..I guess he's-" he couldn't continue anymore, he was too stupid for not knowing what's happening with Ashton. He was getting frustrated. He knew this was making Ashton worse then he already is.

The doctor pulled away from Ashton's mouth and Luke can see Ashton shaking a little. He was nervous, he hates doctors but at some point he never visited one since he was a little boy. "Alright, this way sir" Luke pulled Ashton out of the weight balancer with his hand intertwined with his fingers and lead him to the room the doctor put them. The doctor let them enter first as Luke picked up Ashton by his thighs and place him on the bed that was covered in white paper. The AC was on and it's very cold inside which was the worse. That's what made people nervous, they had cold rooms and weird tools and jars filled with cotton balls and looking toothpick. As the doctor entered after them he placed the clipboard on the desk after he got it off the table where he left it at and sat on a round squishy old looking green faded wheelchair.