chapter seven

"Silence"

--

(I'm fucking tired as hell. I've been doing catch up on my classes, but I decided to write you all this chapter... I'm doing this for all of you! Better say thank you on the comments.. Or else)

It's been three months and doctors have been working for Ashton's sight. Nothing was coming up and doctors have told Luke that technology was lacking lately.

Luke was being frustrated. He trusted these doctors more than anything for now and they have fail him once again and wait for more months or years. Who knows how long will this eye sight will be accomplish.

They had to find the right laser equipment before using it on Ashton eyes or it would get worse.

Meantime, Ashton failed at learning sign language because accordingly he can't figure it out what's happening. Instead of using sign language, he's using dots for deaf people. Just the way Hellen Keller learnt it and everyone else. Ashton was confused but after opening the book and feeling the boom he noticed this was a book with little dots. It took him a while to learn it perhaps 6 to 7 months and it was barely his 3rd month.

Luke and Ashton together communicated with the dots. It was getting a but easier for them to "talk" to each other. Seen Luke watching his boyfriend succeed on it made him so happy. Thy both chuckled and smile a lot now. The darkness that Ashton was seen was slowly fading away. Ashton could surely picture Luke in his mind laughing and giggle and even smiling when he smiles.

Life was going back to normal for Ashton and Luke like old times.

--

Luke POV

Today was my appointment to meet up Dr. Bolton and supposedly he has great news for me.

If it's about bringing Ashton's sight back then I can't wait to hear him out.

Ashton has been so happy lately and that's what I've missed the most part is seen my baby so happy like my eyes starts to create happiness and let them out. I've been holding it back for so long it's been 5 months already. They finally came out.

As soon as I arrived to the office of Dr. Bolton I felt the shivers of my spine. I just don't like doctors because they say some sort of information and you're just staying still not even catching up on what they're explaining to you.

As I enter Dr. Bolton was outside talking one of his assistant nurses

He turned around and saw me "ah, Mr. Hemmings"

I shook his hand "hello Dr. Bolton, ready to see me?"

"Yes, yes, please come inside" he lead me to his office. The room was so cold. Why are offices and hospitals so cold? Are they trying to kill us or something? Anyway, I sat one of his uncomfortable chairs I mostly see every doctors office and stay still hoping to hear the good news.

He sat down looking through some documents which I suppose they were Ashton's. He removed his glasses from his white coat and scoot them to his eyes to see it clearly

He look back at my face with not a smile. Seems like there's a little problem

"Ashton is going to have a laser check on his eyes to see what's making him not see anymore and after we find out we'll do surgery on him"

What a relief. I hope they can find whatever it's going on with Ashton and fix him. I want my baby to see me. For the fact I can already imagine he's going to cry. Like a happy cry. That would be a memorable!

"But.."

I spoke too soon..

"It's very pricy"

"How much?" I say, I'm willing to pay anything for Ashton. This is very important and I'm sure his family and my friends are going to help me out on this. I'm not alone.

"Four hundred fifty thousand pounds" he says. I wide my eyes on the price. That's too high and I can't afford all of that right now.

"By when do you want it? When will you check Ashton?"

"Tomorrow"

I just stare at him. It's like he doesn't wants to save him. I trusted this man.

"O-oh okay.. Thank you for everything you've done for us"

"Thank you for choosing me"

I regret meeting you..

I was talking to myself while shocking hands again and dismiss myself from his office walking to the car.

When I got in I was frustrated. I know for a fact I can't get that money by tomorrow. I felt my face getting red and tears forming. I wanted to screaming so loud. I want to save Ashton why can't I do that? What? It's not the right thing to do? Save your love one? Too much to ask? God I hate my life why was I not having this? I fucking deserve it more than Ashton I want to blind! I want the darkness to haunt me for my mistakes! I want to be deaf, I want the world to shut up!

I started kicking and hitting the steeling wheel. I cried so hard I just wanted this to end I want Ashton back I want my baby back.. I'm becoming such a mess.

*

After my panic attack I got inside the house and threw my keys somewhere on the floor. The living room and kitchen was quiet. Ashton was probably asleep since it was 21:45 (9:45 pm) and he's been sleeping early lately but I didn't mind, and I know he's tired of seen black vision.

I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My eyes were puffy and red. I don't care how I look now, all I care about is Ashton getting his eye sight and hearing that's all I've cared about since the day in the hospital and told me he was blind and deaf.

No matter how much it makes me want to cry I can't let it go. It's part of me.

After brushing my teeth I took my shirt off and skinnies and leaving me in boxers and socks. As I walk out of the restroom I went straight to bed as I saw a calm peaceful innocent little human being. I smile walking behind him getting in bed with him, spooning him and talked to him in a coo voice.

"I love you so much, you have no idea" I place a kiss on his cheek and tried to take a good nap, and soon talk to everyone about the expensive.

Few minutes later I hears Ashton say "I love you baby" back to me which made me smile wider.

--

100 votes // 200 reads