chapter twenty-four

"Silence"

--

Song: I Don't Want To Be Here Anymore by Rise Against

Everyone, family members and friends were still waiting for the doctor to tell everyone the news.

Luke was hoping everything was going well.

They were holding them back still and it's been five and 39 minutes long.

Luke heard a door open up which shot at the sound, it was Dr. Bolton with his surgery uniform and hat on and mask string on his neck.

"The surgery was successful -" everyone sighs in relief receiving happy smiles from everyone especially Anne Marie and Luke of course.

"But" and everyone frowns all over again.

"We are not sure if he will gain that sight back" he finishes it off.

Luke covers his eyes trying not to cry again especially in front of his friends and family and the doctor.

"We will be putting him on the room right now so two people can come with me." Says Dr. Bolton looking at Luke
mostly. Luke took Anne Marie's hand taking her with him following the doctor to Ashton's room.

As soon as they arrived, Luke and Ashton's mother seen Ashton, with a thin bandage cloth wrapped around behind his head to the eyes, and since he had surgery he can't see the lights or that would go very badly.

Ashton mum couldn't believe what she sees, small cries filling her eyes making her go see blurry now and Luke, the same way.

It was really hard to believe.

"My baby" he whispers to himself.

"He's okay nothing bad has happened and to remove will take days or weeks to remove it" they both nodded to his response, he excuse himself from the room to have some privacy.

"If you want I can take care of him for a few days I want to see my baby maybe just pray for him, please?" Says Anne Marie as Luke nods and gives Ashton a quick kiss before he leaves the room.

After that, he walks back to the waiting room. Tell the folks about what the doctor had said to them. They agreed giving everyone their hugs and byes.

Liz and the rest of the Hemmings family stayed for other news. Calum and Michael took Luke for a drive then going home.

He just needed some sleep and some time alone.

Thanks for the successful surgery at least, nothing bad has happened... not yet.

--
(A/N): happy late birthday to Lucas Hemmings.

@SilenceTheBooks on twitter for updates or info

Have a blessing day.

- Johnny x