Are The Ghosts Gone?

Your P.O.V earlier

I started to hear what sounded like something gliding across the window. I slowly peered up to see it writing something on the window.

C-H-A-N-C-E

Chance? What does it want with Chance?!

You: What do you want with Chance!?

Then something happened that I never thought would happen. A Terrifying thing.

I couldn't move now. I was frozen again. Not in shock and fear but sadness and fear. No. Not chance.

I let a tear fall down my cheek as I stared at chance's name crossed out.

I heard sounds that seemed so distant. I couldn't move. I could only hear Erika distantly yelling that she found me. Chance came running in. He sat in front of me with an worried expression all across his face. He shook me lightly. I slowly got out of my frozen state and looked at him in his eyes. I slowly remembered all of our memories together when we were little. I could now hear him again.

Chance: y/n!? Y/n?! Please answer me! Are you OK?!

I jumped up and hugged him. I hugged him so tight. We just sat on the floor hugging. No I don't have a crush on chance. He's like my brother and Bestfriend so I love him but in a family/friend way. That's why I couldn't bare for that to happen to him. I don't know what I would do without him.

A few hours had passed and I hadn't talked at all. Just a little to chance. I wouldn't even talk to Jake. I think it hurt him a little bit but right now I couldn't. I just sat in Tessa's room. She let me use her room and I'm greatfull that I managed to say thank you to her. I was surprised I was still in this little trance. I hated it. It hurt. Chance has stayed with me the entire time. We're cuddling (friends cuddle sometimes ok.) right now and he is playing with my fingers and just talking to me.

Chance: You know I use to have a crush on you when we were 13. But I'm happy that we're bestfriends. I mean I found Tessa and have my Bestfriends with me here. Life is good.

You: I'm happy for you Chance.

Holy shit! I just spoke a whole sentence without messing up!

Chance: Since you seem to be able to speak again.....can you tell me what happened?

I couldn't tell him.

You: Ok well......

I told him everything that had happened. Just not what I saw. No one can know. Chance's name was no longer on the window. Chad accidentally smudged it before anyone could see it.

Chance: I'm so so so sorry y/n. I didn't notice you weren't with us sooner. It's so my fault. Please-

You: Chance you were scared like me. It's not your fault.

We soon talked more. We decided that I could go downstairs now. Me and chance were just laughing the whole way downstairs. This boy always makes me laugh. Even in the hardest of times.

I immediately stopped laughing when I saw the person I absolutely didn't want to see now. Ethan.

He saw me and ran towards me.
Ethan: Oh my God y/n! We heard what happened! Are you OK?

You: Um yeah but can I talk to you for a minute?

Ethan: You wanna talk to me?

You: Yeah in um private.

Chance: Ooo Ethan's getting some!

Jake's face turned red from anger.

You: I just need to talk to him.

Grayson: Yeah 'talk'.

You: Shut it you 2.

You dragged Ethan into the office and closed the door.

You turned to him.

You: Listen Ethan. I already have a lot on my plate but I need to tell you this before it's too late.

Ethan: I do too. You first.

You: I don't think I have actual feelings for you. I'm sorry that I basically played you. I'm so sorry. Can we still be friends please? I was just trying to figure out my feelings and I added you to the equation. I'm sorry.

Ethan: Y/n. I'm sorry too. I knew you were having a hard time and I took advantage of it. I think it's better for both if us to just be friends.

He smiled at me and I smiled back. We hugged then talked.

We walked out and everyone was looking at us frantically, wondering what happened.

You: We just gad to discuss something that's all.

Jake seemed to be relieved after I said that.

Chance: Well to lighten up the mood let's play truth or dare!

The room filled with yes' and sure's.

We all sat in a circle.

Erika: Who's first?

Tessa: Me. Whoever it lands in has to get something drawn on their forehead with sharpie chosen by me.

Tessa spun the bottle and it landed on chance.

Tessa: Well Chance looks like you are getting a penis drawn on your head.

Chance: You wouldn't!

Tessa: Oh but I am.

Tessa drew it and the game went on.

Throughout the game I saw chance's name in weird places. When I went to arm wrestle Chad I saw it scratched into the table. When I got to dump Tessa in the pool I used a chair and when I looked on the back it said Chance. The rest of the night I saw chance in random places then they would disappear in the blink of an eye. I didn't tell anyone or let it get to me but now it was. I laid down on the floor only to see the word change on the ceiling. I blinked and it was gone. I'm messing with myself. Nothing else has happened so I'm just being paranoid and I'm seeing things........... Im pretty sure I am at least. I just can get out of my mind about what I saw. What if it happens? What if I let it happen?

A/n What did you see? Have to find out in next chapter. I've been trying to post more as you tell. I still have major writers block but I'm trying ok. Love you all! Thanks so much for 73k reads!