Reverse Matchmaker

The entire night I tossed and turned in my bed, restless as usual. That girl has made me think. It was so sudden and random but her acting didn't seem much like acting at all. Jake could've set this up but Logan could be lying. For all I know they could both be fooling me.

I let out an aggravated sigh. If only I could read minds!

I stare at my ceiling as if it's the most interesting thing in the world. I tilt my head slightly to the side in confusion. "Why do ceilings have designs?" I speak aloud to myself. I shake the thought away. I should get the award for the weirdest person honestly.

My phone dings a couple of times. My hand reaches for my phone from under the covers. The bright light fills the screen as I squint. I guess I didn't get an ounce of sleep, it's seven in the morning.

It's no use to try and sleep now, it's not like I would be able too anyway. I mumble profanities, getting out of my bed on unsteady legs.

Coffee seems to be the only solution at this point. I walk to a nearby Starbucks to get my delightful morning Frappuccino.

I walk to a seat in the corner of the café and sit down. The morning rays of the sun gleam through the window. It gives off a mood of positivity and beauty. Oh how I wish my mood was like this morning looked.

My eyes start to droop when I hear a familiar voice. "Thank you. Oh and please no whipped cream." the familiar voice thanks. I raise my gaze to where the sound had come from. To my surprise there she was, the girl from yesterday. She carried her drink back to a table near mine. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. She certainly doesn't look or sound heartbroken. Curiosity gets the best of me as my legs start moving towards her and her table.

She slowly looks up at me in confusion. I blink a few times to remember why I had gone over here. "Sorry. You just look faguely familiar." I breath out. Well duh she's familiar, you met her yesterday.

She looked at me for a minute before it dawned her. "You're the girl I saw with Logan yesterday right?" she asks astonished. I nod profusely. Her hand gestures for me to sit down. I do just that. "I bet you're wondering about yesterday huh?" she asks sipping from her drink. I nod once again. "How long have you known Logan?" curiosity really does get the best of me. "I actually don't know Logan. I only know who payed me." she answers. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Yeah my friend Jake paid me some good money to do that." she laughed slightly and sipped her drink again. I nod slowly and clutch my drink.

After the run in with Holly, which I learned was her name, I've never been so pissed at Jake. He's that pin pointed on winning me over? Is this seriously a competition for them? Well at least they both didn't team up against eachother and myself.

Sounds like Jake and I should have a little talk.

I was now standing in front of his house. Time flies by when you have motivation, especially when it's to kill someone. I grunt lowly just staring at his house in front of me. That lowly bastard.

I angrily stomp to his door. Opening it was a struggle, I almost threw the door off it's hinges. I rake deep breaths to calm myself, it didn't seem to be working.

"Hello?" I call out. Hopefully he's not here. I might kill him when he's in sight. "Y/n? Is that you?" Jake responds. Oh he's dead. I see him walking down the stairs. He nods at me and smiles. Once he reaches me he goes in for a hug. I dodge and lean against the door.

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Hey Jake." I spit bitterly. He was taken back slightly. His name sounded like venom on my tongue. That's the way it should sound, I'm pissed.

"Are you ok? You look mad." he's still confused. "No shit Sherlock." I laugh unamused. The look on his face is priceless and frustrating. He should know why I'm here.

"So something interesting happened yesterday." I pick at my nails. "Logan and I went on a date and a girl showed up claiming to be his ex or a   'thing' with him. The whole situation was confusing. You wouldn't know what that was about would you?" I look up at him innocently.

A look of shock passes over his face, only to be washed away as he puts his acting face on. Oh how he thinks I'm that stupid.

"You and Logan went on a date?" if I wouldn't had known I would've thought he was oh so innocent. But now I know he's not. "Does the name Holly ring a bell?" I ask. He better start answering.

Another wave of shock passes over his face. He didn't think I would figure all this out so fast. I roll my eyes. "Holly told me everything." I say blandly. He would just keep the charade doing. "It's not nice to deny you're friends with someone so close to you." I start walking towards him.

"Fine." he breaths out. He admitted it. He actually admitted it. "Why?" I ask hurt. I was intensely hurt. I can't help but think he's just jealous of his brother and doesn't actually care for me. "I want you to myself. If you seeing how bad my brother actually was would get you back, then that's what I would do." he looks frustrated. "You would stab your brother in the back for a girl?" I narrow my eyes at him. I don't care if it's me. Family is everything. "How else would I get you?! How!? I ran out of ideas. I had to win!" he spit out. Realization washed over him as he had focused on what he said. My eyes widened in fury. "what?!" I scream. He cringed at my scream.

"When Logan and I met you we made a bet to see who could win you over first." he told honestly. He just said it as if it was nothing. His eyes looked sympathetic but he, himself didn't. I looked around in disbelief. Everything is coming together now. The day we met up till now. Does Logan actually love me? Because Jake obviously doesn't. "Y/n plea-" Jake begins to plead but I cut him off my walking out the door. He follows after me.

"Do you even love me? Did those words mean anything to you?" I ask suddenly. He stares at the ground. Of course he didn't.

I don't stop there though. Time for pay back. "I choose Logan." I blurt out. "He's always been the one for me. I was just clouded by your romantic ways with me." and with that I walk away from him.