*4*

September 1990

I been livin wit Aaliyah for a month. Its cool or whateva...but I'm gettin the feelin dat her moms gettin sick of me. "Liyah, I'm thinkin bout findin me a house.." I said as we sat in her room. "Wit what money, baby I know you been workin at dat burger joint...but you can't afford a crib yet." She said, puttin on a shirt.

She was right tho, I ain't got enough money for all dat, I'm just talkin out the side of my neck. "Yea you right." I chuckled. "I know, now come on befo we be late fa school, you knows we been on thin ice since the fight." Aaliyah laughed.

"Mhm." I sang.

When we got outside, Lisa and Michel'le was on the sidewalk waitin fa us. Ain't nobody bother to tell Michel'le about the Dodge situation... Why she gotta know?

"What took you cats so long? we finna be straight up late fa 1st block." Lisa said, wit her hands on her hips. "Sorry." I popped my gum. The whole walk to the school house was silent until Michel'le asked a question. "So wassup wit chu and Pac, Niyke? She smiled.

Look here, Tupac a fine brotha....but he ain't nun but trouble, I heard he was dope slangin... And I ain't got time fa niggas like dat..

"What chu mean? Me and Pac ain't got shit goin on...he just nice to me...dats all."

But den again, we do flirt a lot, its complicated... We kinda like friends wit some benefits. "Dats not what it looked like the other day." Lisa winked at me, as we walked in 1st block. "Ion know what you talm bout G."

"Wassup Niyke, bring dat fine ass over here! Pac yelled from across the room, which ain't help my case.

"Lyin ass.." Michel'le giggled.

I put my stuff in a desk next to Aaliyah and made my way over to Pac, who was sittin wit Snoop. "Wassup G." Snoop dapped me up. "Same ol same ol."

"Hey ma." Tupac licked his lips. "What chu standin there fa, take a seat." He said, pattin His thigh. I sat on his lap and he snaked his arms around my waist. "How you been doin girl? I rolled my eyes. "You actin like you ain't see me yesterday." I chuckled.

"Mr.Shakur, Ms. Brandon. " Mrs.Cothorn gave us the eyes, tellin me to get off of him. I was gon get up but Tupac held me tight, and stuck a bird at Mrs.Cothorn. "Don't worry bout her old ass, she just mad she ain't gettin dick."

"I ain't either." I said laughin. "But you could be.. Now gon." Pac pushed me off of him. "Whateva lil dude." I walked over to my desk. "Now tell me y'all ain't got nun goin on again, and Ima whoop yo ass." Michel'le laughed, Lisa and Liyah joined in.

Everybody was laughin and jokin until Sharlene came in the class. "Ooh shit." Somebody whispered. "Say sum to me and Ima beat yo ass! Sharlene yelled at the class.

"Impossible, cause it kinda looked like you got ya ass beat." Snoop said. Its been a month since the fight and everybody still on her head. "Shut up you fuckin mark ass nigga! Sharlene yelled at snoop, he just laughed.

"Whateva hoe."

"That's enough! Mrs.Cothorn yelled, and the class chuckled at her manly voice. "I'm sick of this same disrespectful class! She yelled again. "Aye, and we sick of you tryna teach shit you'on even know." Tupac joked. The whole class laughed again.