°46°

DON'T BE A SILENT READER!☹

~Unedited~

Arsenio Hall Show, October, 1993

"Hello everyone, I'm Arsenio Hall and your watching the Arsenio Hall show." Me and Aaliyah exchanged nervous glances as he got ready to introduce us. "I'm here with Singer and Actress, Aaliyah Haughton." He paused and let the crowd cheer, Li smiled big and blew kisses at the crowd. "And Rapper and singer, Shaniyke, or as you all know her, Niyke."

He paused again and let the crowd cheer. "I love you." I mouthed. I looked over at Aaliyah and she looked like she was about to burst. "Arsenio, I think Li got somethin to say." I chuckled. He raised his eyebrows and smiled. "You said my name wrong." Aaliyah chuckled, making the crowd bust out laughing. "I'm sorry." Arsenio smiled again. "Say it for me." He added.

"Its Aaliyah, like Muhammad Ali."

I couldn't help but say the last part with her, she say it every time she correct a nigga.😂

"So first, let me ask this, how long have you two been friends, because you can tell the chemistry between you two, am I right? Arsenio chucKled, asking the crowd, earning loud cheering and whistling. "We've been-" me and Li started at the same time before laughin.

"Four years, I remember when I first met Shaniyke, my freshmen year, she was mean as hell and still is." She chuckled, I joined in. "She lying, I been nice to her since the moment I met her." I waved her off. "Your gonna just lie like that? okay Mackenzie." Liyah rolled her eyes making the crowd oooo. "Who in the world Is Mackenzie? Arsenio asked. I sighed. "Its my middle name."

"Okay, Aaliyah." He made sure to say it right that time. "Lets talk about your album that just dropped, Age ain't nothin' but a number, its your first right? As soon as he said that the crowd went wild.

Liyah smiled and waited til they calmed down to speak.

"Yes, it is my first album, I was actually very nervous about the mix of songs in it." She giggled. "And of course, I asked my lyrical genius of a best friend, to do a remix with me on the song, age ain't nothin' but a number." she added, I smiled.

"Let me just tell y'all, I had to spit in the dark cause this one don't like the damn lights on when she sing." I chuckled, so did everybody else. "Speaking of lyrical genius's." I sucked my teeth already knowing what was about to be brought up. "Shaniyke, at one point you and rapper Tupac Shakur were buddies, do you mind sharing what happened? Arsenio asked. Aaliyah bust out laughing. "I know what happened." She snorted.

"Ain't nobody ask you though." I mugged her before chuckling.

"Me and Pac, we're friends. we've been through a lot together and he's given me good advice and words of wisdom, we tried a relationship and it didn't work, but I'll always love him no matter what, he'll be the one I can talk to until I die." I said truthfully. The crowd did a whole bunch of awwing.

"What are you guys thoughts on the case where he shot the officers?

"I know how Tupac is, he's very strong headed and he say's what's on his mind.. you can never really tell him that he was wrong on something because he strongly believes that he's never done anything that he didn't have to do." Aaliyah said, I nodded in agreement. "And Pac is also a strong leader, he protects his people at all costs, and he knows that gets him in trouble." I added.