*5*

October 1990

Mickey D's

"Welcome to McDonalds, how may I take your order? I fake smiled at the lil old white women at tha register. One thing I hate about Dis job, they make me talk like some bitch from Beverly hills.

"I want....oh I don't know." The lil lady said, I mentally rolled ma eyes, but kept ma fake Smile on. "Ma'am, I don't mean to rush you, but there's quite a li-"

"Don't rush me, I'll have you fired! She yelled, wavin a wrinkled finger at me. I immediately wanted  to fuck her up...but then I realized that she's an old lady...and I'm at work. "There's no need to yell ma'am,  I'm just letting you know." I said, through clenched teeth. After I few minutes, the woman finally ordered. "245! I yelled from the counter.

The old woman walked to the counter, basically snatching the food from my hand. "Bitch! I screeched out, making everybody stare at me. "Yo I ain't mean to say that." I quickly said. "Niggers." The lady huffed, before sashaying away.

Did she really just say that shit? I momentarily zoned out, imagining me choking the lady... Until the lil door thang chimed, making me look up. I was relieved to see Tupac strollin in with a taco bell bag in his hand, right in time for my lunch break. I politely excused myself from the counter and walked over to him. "Damn. You look tired as hell ma. Everything coo?  He gave me a sweet smile. "Uh uh, I hate Dis job." I stated, as we walked to a table.

"Mama I dun told you a million times before, dat there's a spot fa you in the game."

Tupac been tryna tell me to start trappin, but I ain't got time to be gettin shot at out in these streets, ya feel me? Its too dangerous... Ion wanna die...not like dat.

"And  I told you, that ion wanna die." I chuckled as he handed me my food. "Errbody dat roll wit me, know that it ain't no dying...I ain't dead soo." Pac shrugged and took a big ass bite outta his burrito. "Well I ain't messin with that Pac... You still my homie tho." I gave him as much as a smile as I could with a mouth full. "A'ight, I'm tryna tell yo lil ass."  He Pointed the remainder of his burrito at me.

"Anyways, how you and Lisa goin? 

Left eye and Pac been kickin it fa a while. Can't say I wasn't a Lil bit upset at first, but we ain't together.. Never was...just a lil bit of flirtin that was it.  "We good, we good. Dat girl bipolar as hell tho." He chuckled, rubbing his head. "What chu mean Boopa?  I tried to hide the fact dat this was a sensitive Subject by using my nickname for him. "For example...you know how I bring you some food some days?

"Mhm." I  nodded slowly. "Well the other day, she bout killed a nigga when I said I was bringin you sum to eat."  He sighed. "What she say?

"She said we be all up on each other huggin and rubbin and shit, when was the last time I even hugged you?

"Like a month ago." I cringed at how long it had been since I felt his touch, The sad part is I ain't even realize I had a lil crush on em until Lisa stepped in or whatever. "Exaaactly, that's what I been tryna tell her monkey ass." Pac threw his hands up. "Well that's lefty fa you." I smiled, and balled up the burrito paper.  "Enough about me mama, how you been doin? I know you still tryna get up outta Liyah crib."

"Mhm, seem like I ain't never goin to tho, but everythang else A'ight I guess."

"Man cut dat out, you know I got a lil cash, I could help you since you wont take my other offer." He gave me dat big ass smile that I couldn't resist. "Pac  I ain't finna take yo money...I know you got shit to take care of."  I waved the idea off. Tupac sucked his teeth took my hand from across the table.

"Shaniyke, don't push me out.. I hate to see you lookin mad stressed and allat.... I really wanna help you girl, please let me." His eyes burned into mine as he caressed my hand wit his thumb.

"Pac...everythang is coo...I'm coo okay." I snatched my hand away from his and got up. "Where you goin? yo break 30 mo minutes." He got up too. "You needa go...Lisa probably don't won't chu here wit me anyway." I quickly got all the trash off the table and threw it away. "What dat mean? You my friend... Why you actin like Dis? Pac walked over to me with sad eyes. "I just thought.... Never mind, you gotta go.. Ima see you at school tomorrow, A'ight? I pushed him towards the door.

"Wait hol up, we always talk yo whole break."  Tupac sounded disappointed. "Well not today. Bye."

***

"Liyah... I dead ass don't know what to do, I ain't tryna cause nun funky between me and Left eye." I sighed. "Yea, I def feel ya Niyke... But ion know what to tell ya, cause Lisa real in love wit Pac."  Aaliyah shrugged and curved her lips up. Then her pager beeped.

"Speakin of the devil."  Liyah giggled. After bout 5 minutes of they meaningless conversation, she finally told me dat lefty was coming over, which made me a lil bit nervous fa some reason. "Why you look sick? Liyah asked, as we sat on her bed watching TV. "I really don't feel like seein Lisa, ima go for a walk, A'ight." I got up and left her room.

"Where you gon walk to at 11:00? Aaliyah asked, walking after me. "Hell, anywhere I guess."  I shut the door behind me.

I let the cold air hit my face, immediately regretting that I left my coat. "Fuck." I mumbled. After about 10 minutes of walkin down the street, a car slowly drove beside me. The window rolled down, revealing Tupac... One of the last people I needed to see right now.

"Shaniyke, why the hell you out here without no damn coat on, and its late as fuck. You could get raped or some shit! He yelled at me like he was my daddy.  "I just needed to clear my head." I was freezing and could barely speak. "Get in." I just shook my head and continued lookin forward. "Shoopa get in the car, please."  He begged. I debated whether or not I should for a while and finally stopped walkin. "Okay Boopa."

When I got in, Tupac immediately started rubbin my arms, tryna warm me up, after turning all the vents towards me. "You ain't gotta do allat." I said, shaking his hands off me. "I was just tryna help you, why you bein mad shady to me, all of a sudden?

"Ion know what chu talm bout." I said, lookin down at my thumbs in my lap. "Shoopa, you know you my homie... You can tell me wassup mama."  He turned his radio all the way down, I could hear the crickets outside. "Tupac.... Lisa is my friend."  I felt the lump in my throat get bigger. "What you talm bout Niyke? I'm yo friend too right?

"Dats the problem... Ion want us to be-" I just stopped talkin and watched the road. "Where we goin? I quickly changed the subject. The car stopped suddenly and Tupac put it in park. "Matter fact, we ain't goin no where until you tell me what's on yo mind ma." I could feel him staring at me. "Its nun nigga, just take me back to Liyah crib...matter fact ima walk." I was finna get out but he grabbed both my arms and held them together.

"Tell me wassup ma."

"It ain't nun... Just let me go." I struggled to get him off of me. "You like me or sum? He asked, makin me stop moving, I ain't answer.

"Shaniyke." He said, turning my face towards him. "I thought you knew..." I said, he let me go and I turned my head out the window.. As a tear fell down. It was a long ass moment of silence and I heard Tupac sigh. "I foreal thought you was feelin me too."  I bit my lip. "No." He chuckled. "Mama we was just playin around... I thought you knew dat I ain't got no feelins fa you, I thought we was just havin fun until one of us found somebody."  Pac laughed.

I felt my chest start burnin and I got out of the car quickly. "Niyke, where you goin? Its too cold out here fa dat.. Mane get in the car! I walked as fast as I could until walkin turned into runnin....

I can't believe he didn't know... I never wanna talk to him again..
______________________________________

Dang bruh... No comment! Vote!!!❤