°40°

....8 months later.....

I ain't seen my home girl Liyah in a minute so we decided to link up at the mall. "Me and Snoopie decided to just be friends." Li said, as we looked around in one of the stores. I rolled my eyes. "Why? It seemed like y'all was happy or whateva." She sighed. "Both of our careers are still fresh and we both decided that more freedom would be best." I'm still trippin off how Liyah's speech den changed.

"But chu said you love the brotha so...I'm not gettin it."

"I know what I said, Shaniyke, but with him being in LA all the time.. Doesn't help the situation." She stopped shufflin through the clothes and looked at her feet.

"Look Liyah, if things meant to work out, they will.. But right now, maybe it is best fa y'all to just chill." I shrugged. "I guess, but what's up with you? She asked, tryna shake off the situation. "Nun much really, been workin on new shit in the studio.." That's really all my life consist of. "I meant what's up with you and D Swing, y'all been all on TV kissing and shit." She teased.

Me and Devante have been talkin fa a while, he a real nice dude. "Well he my man now so.. I do have the right to kiss him." I chuckled. "What are Pac's thoughts on this? Aaliyah asked, makin me roll my eyes. "Tupac can kiss my fat a-" my phone started ringin and I snatched it outta my purse.

"Who it be? I answered. "Niyke it's Afeni, Pac got arrested." I sighed and face palmed. "Fa what?

"He shot two police officers last night.. He said they were harassing another black man." She said, her voice a lil shaky. "A'ight ma, ima be down there when I can." I said, before we both hung up. "Who was that?

"Mama, she said Pac got arrested fa shootin some police." I said. "So you goin to Atlanta? Aaliyah raised a brow at me. Pac moved his mama down to Atlanta cuh he claimed dat he got tired of drivin down here, but we all know its cause he mad at me.

"Yea I guess."

"Damn bitch you always rippin and runnin." Aaliyah chuckled. "Right." I Nodded. I looked across the store and saw a familiar face.. Well half a familiar face cause the shortie had on some big ass hater blockers. "Is That Shar mothafuckin Lene?! I squealed. "Shaniyke! She screamed back, runnin towards me and Liyah wit open arms. "Girl I ain't seen you in forever." Aaliyah cooed, squeezin Sharlene as tight as she could. "I know, I missed y'all... That's why ya girl down here, that and so I could find a nigga." She chuckled.

"As always." Me and Li said at the same time.

"Mhmmm y'all know how I roll." She did a lil dance makin us all laugh. "How err body doin? Shar asked. "Well.. Michel'le probably dead, Pac and Snoop in they own world.. Literally, Lisa in rehab and me and Liyah just been mindin our business." I said and Aaliyah nodded. "What about lil fine ass Sheree?

"I just talked to her the otha day.. She doin good, takin niggas from bitches." I chuckled. "And bitches from niggas." Aaliyah added. "That's my girl, tell her to call me, my number ain't changed." Sharlene said.

"A'ight I will."

***

I unlocked D's front door wit the key he gave me and walked in, closin the door behind me. "Baby where you at?! I yelled. "In here! Devante yelled back from the kitchen. I threw my purse on the couch and walked into the kitchen. I smiled when I saw my lil Carmel baby pourin him a drank.

"Hey baby girl." He smirked and sipped from his cup. "Hey." I greeted, peckin his cheek. "What chu drinkin? I asked nosily, peekin in his cup. "Lemonade, why you so damn nosy? He chuckled. I shrugged and took it from him. "Oooh this good." I cooed after sippin some.