•37•

~unedited~

"Hol up, hol up.. Ion like dat." I took off the headphones and the music cut. "Niyke this the third time... What the hell man." Missy said, gettin frustrated.I sucked my teeth and came out the booth. "My bad Miss, I just ain't feelin it today.." I sighed.

I know I was actin all tough and shit... But the way Pac was lookin like he was finna kill ya girl, kinda bothered me. I mean Pac still my homie no matter what we go through... But he ain't seem all the way there... Like he was stressed about somethin, and to be honest.. Its stressin me out. "We need to talk? She raised a brow at me and I plopped down on the couch and lit a blunt.

"Nah.. I... Its nun."

"You sure, cause you normally come up in here spittin fire but today... Ion know what the hell you got goin on." She said. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Ima just go back to the house A'ight... It ain't no point in bein here if I ain't gon get nun done." I said, truthfully. When I get in my moods I know for a fact dat shit ain't gon go right.

"A'ight, gon get cho mind right den, cause I want dis album out by next week foreal foreal." Missy said, gettin up from her chair. I nodded, said bye and left the studio. Before I got to my car I saw dat homie from the restaurant. He caught me starin and smirked, I quickly turned around and unlocked my car. "Why you in a rush? A deep Voice said. I turned around and was met by a nice set of hazel eyes.

I chuckled and gave him smile. "I recognize you." He looked me up and down and licked his lips.

"Mhm.. You never called me pretty thang." I just blushed in response. "What's your name baby girl?

"Shaniyke, and you are? I know he wrote his name on the note but to be honest.. Wit him starin at me like dat I could barely remember mine. "Donald.. But I prefer to be called Devante." He smiled big makin my heart jump. "Well Devante, I'll call you later..." I bit my lip and winked. "I'll be waitin by the phone baby doll." He said, before takin my hand a kissin it.

I shook my head and chuckled as he walked back to his car.

***

"You've never heard of Jodeci? Sheree asked wit slight amusement in her eyes. "No." I shrugged and took the popcorn from her. "But what does that have to do wit Devante? I asked confused. Sheree face palmed and rolled her eyes. "Devante is in Jodeci."

I just stared at her blankly. "What the hell is a Jodeci? I stuffed some popcorn in my mouth. "Lawd help her, Its only a group of the finest men alive." She pretended to faint and I looked at her like she was crazy. "Pshh, they can't be dat fine." She sucked her teeth and laughed. "Well Devante pretty gorgeous if you ask ya girl, call him." I shook my head quickly. "Hell no.. He fine and all, but I was just playin wit him."

"Call. Him." She mugged me and I returned the look. "A'ight." I shrugged before gettin the note wit his number on it off my dresser.

It rung for a while makin me kinda anxious.. I nervously cracked my knuckles. "Wait a minute I'm on the phone! He answered and I smiled. "Sorry, who it is? His deep voice softened. "Its Shaniyke.." Sheree was smilin from ear to ear and makin kissy faces. "Ooooh yea, wassup girl, what took you so long to call? He asked playfully. "Well, I have a life.." I chuckled.

"So do I.. But that ain't stop me from thinkin about chu.. Ya lil Carmel self." I felt my face get hot and I guess Ree could tell. "What he say? She mouthed, bein nosy. I just shook my Head. "I bet you talk to all the broads like dat." He chuckled lowly and breathed out. "Nah baby girl, just you.. But what about ole thug boy you messin with." I sucked my teeth at the mention of Pac. "Ain't his name Teapot or somethin." I almost choked when he said that.