Chpt. 13

Previously on In Memory...

What has all seemed like love at first sight for Jacob, has turned him into the most insecure man possible. Learning the reputation of Brianna and seeing it full hand himself when she just toyed with him at the beginning, it has done nothing but made him wonder. Wonder if she was still the same old girl she was before they got together. Due to his past with cheating, he took it really hard when there was a risk of Brianna actually cheating on him.

And thus, he made the stupid decision to cheat himself this time. To get back at both of the girls that hurt him. But was it worth it? Was it even necessary? Some would say...not even close. Brianna never cheated on Jacobson, it was just other people trying to ruin Brianna's relationship because it stopped them from getting an easy nut or two. It's sad that those people actually put a dent into the couple's relationship and all Brianna ever did was try to fix it.

But after shooting Jacob in the arm and getting her poor heart broken yet again, she said enough was enough. She did go get him help and framed it on cross fire by placing a few bullets out on the streets. The cops and others believed the lie because this was the deadly Miami they patrolled everyday.

As Brianna sat with Jacob in the hospital after his surgery to remove the bullet from his wound. Not a single word came out from her. No matter how much he said sorry or explained his reasoning...Bri was done. But...weirdly enough, she didn't actually break it off with him. And neither did he.

Now it's been quite some time since the incident in which really stuck the knife into their year and a half long relationship. Now they live their lives being cordial. They still live in the same house and see each other all the time. Do they speak to each other? Occasionally. Do they sleep in the same bed anymore? Not in the slightest. Jacob sleeps on the couch...well when he's not in someone else's. And Brianna sleeps in the now replaced bed when she's not in someone else's.

Yes, you read right. The two have started the stupid habit of seeing other people while in the relationship. And Brianna made that quite clear that she was..

·August, flashback· 📍Home
Jacob's Pov💗

Sitting on the couch with my arm in a sling, I looked over at the door opening and in came Brianna

Sitting on the couch with my arm in a sling, I looked over at the door opening and in came Brianna. I watched her as she placed her book bag down on the table and brought out two bags of weed and a stack full of money. On her neck was a red hickey, red enough for me to see on her light skinned body.

She came up to me and tossed a couple of bills on lap from the huge stack of money she was holding. "That's my half of the rent for this month" she simply said.

"Aight..., can I ask what's that on ya neck?"

"What does it look like? Lets see if Jacob has common sense, or did the bullet I shot you with fucked up your mind too"

"Where you get it from?"

"A guy name Christopher. Aged 21, own car, own house and works on the street by selling. How did I get it? I'm sure you can figure that out for yourself. I'm a free woman now, don't question me. I gave you my part of the rent to stay here until I get my money right" she clarified, so fucking bold with it too.