Chpt. 21

·The following day, September 13th·
Brianna's Pov💘    📍On the block

Getting a call from Ray at this very moment in time, I answered it and looked around at my surroundings

"Brianna do me a favor and talk to Riley for me" was the first thing she said after I picked up.

"Why? I asked.

"Because she's getting suspended already!"

I bust out in laughter, damn Riley had me beat huh. I got suspended at, at least after maybe ten days of school.

"Brianna just talk to her until I get home. I have to get back to work" she told me.

"Oookkay mom" I dragged out before hanging up.

I burned out my cigarette and stepped away from the wall and made my way back home. I don't know what Ray expects me to say to Riley, she's 17 for God sake. She's not a baby anymore. So I think she's old enough to stop being lectured on her bad behavior, let the girl live a little.

·10 minutes later· 📍Home

I walked into the house and  immediately hear the tv on, playing in the living room. Yep that child was definitely here.

"Riley? Come here" I called out, taking a seat on top of the counter, smoking me another hit.

I heard her footsteps coming closer, just until she finally came into the kitchen with an attitude

I heard her footsteps coming closer, just until she finally came into the kitchen with an attitude. "What?"

"Don't "what" me lil girl" I looked down at her seriously.

She sighed. "Yes Brianna?"

"Oh aight,...don't go giving me attitude. Save that shit for A'Raya. What's going on in school?"

"Let me guess, Ray told you didn't she"

"You know she did"

"Well, I was arguing with this new girl and she stepped up to me, then we went at it" she shrugged.