Chpt. 19

·45 minutes later· 📍Jacob's house
Brianna's Pov😜

I like how I tell myself I'm a just get my food and ask him to take me back home but really end up grabbing take out and chilling back at his crib

I like how I tell myself I'm a just get my food and ask him to take me back home but really end up grabbing take out and chilling back at his crib. I swear he just always changes my mind...

He unlocked the door to his new house in the suburban area of Miami and stepped aside so I could go in first. It was nice so far, high ceilings in the main hallway and a cozy feeling to it from the beginning. Once he showed me around, I couldn't help but to notice a...bunch a baby stuff in one of the rooms in particular. I was snooping when I found that, but I quickly walked downstair after he came out from using the bathroom.

From there, we ate our chick-fil-a in his cozy medium sized living room, where he joined me in the couch.

"You like the house?" he asked, starting conversation between us.

"Mhm, it's very..comfortable" I said, dipping my fries into the barbecue sauce.

"Yeah.."

"So..what's up with the baby stuff in the back room you have?" I asked.

"Oh, I...guess I should tell you now then. Um, I'm kind of having baby soon"

"Mm" I nodded my head slowly. "Of course you are"

He cleared his throat and adjusted his position on the couch. "Look, don't...let that get in the way of how you see me now. I promise you I'm not that piece of shit that broke your heart a year ago. Its just...shit went left for me too after you left okay. I started doing dumb shit and...now I'm having a kid by a woman I ain't even know really"

"Oh.." I said, being petty as usual. ..I mean how would he expect me to feel, after we break up he goes out and gets another girl pregnant.

"You feel some type of way don't you?"

"No..I don't care. I'm not going to care. But yeah, its crazy how..after you break my heart...the first thing you do is go get someone else pregnant. You really are proving that niggas are all the fucking same but just with different faces..." I looked at him directly.

He looked down. "I know, but I was in a bad place Brianna. Did you even read the letter I sent you?"

"I did..."

"Oh really? I'm honestly surprised that you did.."

"Yeah I was too. But if it wasn't for that letter..., I would've walked right past you in Mils. You really saved yourself by writing it. So congratulations"

"The pleasure is all mine" he said in the same snarky tone I did. ..I swear it's like being petty to myself when talking to him. We're so alike it's a shame.