Chpt. 47

·3 days later, June 23rd·
Jacob's Pov❤📍Home

I woke up this morning with Raven on my chest and another woman on my mind

I woke up this morning with Raven on my chest and another woman on my mind. I know it was wrong to think about my ex while I was with someone new but...why didn't I actually feel bad about it. I felt numb to it in fact and...didn't even think about the possibility of hurting Raven by doing so.

I just know that...if it came down to it, I know who my heart still went out to. And it wasn't going with an ungrateful but money hungry woman. She may had looked like an upgrade but she's just too....controlling for me. She's not even in love with me, she told me straight up that she didn't love me. She called me another guy's name when we were having sex and even confessed to missing her ex boyfriend before I even started thinking about Brianna again.

So really...why are we even together.

I moved her off of me and got up to go get dressed for work. Putting on a simple white t-shirt and some jeans with my all white shell tops. I combed through my hair in the mirror and sprayed on some cologne to freshen up.

I grabbed my phone and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and to take a quick leak before I leave. And from there, I washed my hands and headed out of my house with my car keys in hand.

·30 minutes later·
Brianna's Pov📍The warehouse

"Thank you, sweetie" I said, retrieving my coffee cup from her hands

"I brought you a doughnut too ma'am, chocolate frosted with sprinkles" she reported, sitting the brown paper bag down on top of my desk.

"Thank you. You're dismissed for now" I sipped on my coffee, watching her leave out from my office.

I sat down my cup on the desk and flipped through the new recruitment files, seeing which one possibly catches my eye the most from the crowd.

*Knock on the Door*🚪

"Come in" I called out, not taking my eyes off the paperwork.