Chpt. 52

"While Brianna was out at her family meeting, I had to end things with Raven. It was finally that time I'd drop the dead weight, she wasn't it anymore and....I was fallin' for Brianna yet again" Jacob said.

·That same evening·
Jacob's Pov 📍Home

I stepped inside of my house and closed the door behind me, looking back to notice that Raven was in the kitchen eating at our table

"Jacob? Where have you been?" she questioned me immediately, placing down her phone.

"I told you I had to work overtime" I said, coming into the kitchen with her.

"Mmm,..." She simply replied, getting right back to her flashing phone.

"Ray, we need to talk" I said.

"About what?" she looked at me, suspicious.

I took a deep breath and sighed as I exhaled. "Look Raven, I'm a just...be honest with you right now. I think we should...break up. Truth is, I'm not really happy in this relationship anymore and...I wanna be alone. You're an amazing person but...I don't think we're really going to get anywhere in this relationship. You said you didn't love me...and I can't really say that I love you either.." I confessed.

"Oh..." she said.

"I'm not trying to break your heart or anthing but...I'm just being honest. We're never going to be anything, so why keep the chains linked, you know. I think you should move on and...I'll even give you this house. I'll move out and we can just do us, you know"

"You wanna move out?"

"Yeah, I'll sign the deed over to you and I'll just go get me another crib aight. But...what is your opinion in all of this?"

"Well, okay. We can...go our separate ways I guess. If you're not happy with me then I can find someone who will be. It was fun while it lasted but I know you just wanna get back with your ex...and...so do I. So, I guess that's it then. We're breaking up with each other"

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't be, at least you're honest. But I don't wanna talk anymore okay, if your going to move out since you ballin' like that then....let's gets the ball rolling"

·The next day· 📍Work

I walked into her office without knocking of course and saw her dealing with money over by her table. I snuck up behind her and grabbed her waist to catch her completely off guard. "Don't fucking do that" she said.