Chpt. 39

·2 months later, March·
📍Samson High.   Brianna's Pov💋

"How is he?" Jada asked, kicking her feet from the window sill

"Still hasn't woken up yet..." I said simply, staring at the window besides her.

"Damn. How long do it take to wake up from a coma?"

"They said it's unclear how long it will be. It could be a couple more months, even years..."

"You're worrying about it, aren't you" she turned around, holding on my shoulder.

"Of course I am, I worry everyday now. I just wish he'd wake up and...let me know he's still here. He could go.....brain dead any moment and leave me. I don't know what--I would do..." I looked away.

"Just keep your head up Bri, he'll make it through. He's strong, you gotta have faith in him"

"Yeah, you're right. I'm a go straight up there once we leave this bitch. I can't even think straight when I'm doing my work, I'm too distracted by this whole fucking situation. I swear if I ever see that nigga Andre on the streets again...."

"How many years he got? Didn't he get charged with murder, they should give him the chair..."

"No, it was attempted of murder since Jay didn't die thankfully. But they gave him 20 to 30 years which I'm thankful of. He won't get out until he's like 50 or something, maybe he'll take a seat with his old jealous ass"

"Damn, I would hate to be him right now"

·4:28 pm· 📍Central Hospital
*monitor beeping slowly*

I stared at him from his bedside, holding on to his still cold and soft hands as his chest pumped up and down really really slowly. I looked down at the floor, feeling very sad inside because of this. It was really taking a toll on me, I just missed him so much right now. I missed talking to him...and him touching and grabbing me back. But now, it was none of that. And it's all my fault.

My stomach poked out a little more through my t-shirt, reminding me each time I looked down....that I was a horrible piece of shit. This poor child is already corrupt, having a slut as its mother and a jealous-ass jail bird as its father. I failed him or her already, not even taking it seriously because I still smoked and ate what I shouldn't.

But I'm not anymore, I should change and start taking carrying another life inside a little more serious. This was a baby on the way, as much as I hated to bring him or her into this lifestyle, I was still blessed to even be able to.

...I wonder what he or she would look like. Would it look like me, light skin...skinny but with thick hair and an attitude. Or would it look like Dre,...dark skin...strong...and bold. It could always be a mix of the two. Maybe we would have a brown skinned child, with dark brown eyes like mine, black long hair and with both an attitude and temper. Jesus, our child would be so disrespectful, probably come out the womb and choke one of the nurses with the umbilical cord because she spanked him to hard.

I can't believe there will be another person like me or Dre walking around. I may have my work cut out for me dealing with that little devil.

"I know you probably can't hear me still, but just know that I'm sorry for getting knocked up by that black fucker. I swear if I ever see him again, I'll get revenge for him doing this to you. Even though it's...kind of my fault, I still hate that you're hurt like this. If I could change places I would without a doubt. But...maybe when you wake up, we can...be happy again since Dre is rotting in jail for awhile. I should've told you about him-- but I was scared too, we were getting back on good terms and I just didn't want to disappoint you all over again. But now you're here, suffering and fighting for your life when mine is a joke. I'm so sorry. I promise I'm a do better, if it's the last thing I do. I love you Jacob,....I wish you wake up soon because I'm really missing and worrying about you. But I'll always be here okay..."

·March 28th, 3 weeks later·
1:58 a.m.   📍Central Hospital

Leaning my head to the side against his bed railing, I was awoken by a soft tap on my shoulder. I lifted up my head and saw that it was Jacob surprisingly, looking at me with the one eye that wasn't covered up by bandages.

"Jay?...You're awake?" I asked, getting up from my position quicker.

He didn't respond to me by talking, just a couple blinks of the eye was enough to tell me he was up now. Happily, I leaned over his bed and kissed his cheek on the left side, holding his hands up to my own cheeks as I felt him take control to rub on me. A few tears of joy came rushing down from my eyes in the moment, I was worrying so much about him, God knows I didn't want him to leave me.

Just feeling him touching me again felt so...heart warming, it gave me hope that we could make it out of this. I would take care of him and everything until he gets back on his feet.

"Let me go tell the doctors you're awake" I said, moving back to walk around and edit the room.

·The following morning,
March 29th·

"Ew, it's all warm" He said, scrunching up his face.

"Sorry, just eat a little more for me" I said, scooping some more applesauce on to the plastic spoon.

I moved in with the spoon and watched his mouth open for me to feed him. He scrunched up his face yet again, making me laugh and wonder if it was really that bad. I scooped a little bit on the spoon again and taste it for myself.

"It's not even...that bad" I lied, tasting an odd after taste.

I watched him open his mouth again, requesting that I feed him again surprisingly. This time he smiled, weirdly. "It taste better now that you tasted it"  he flirted.

I blushed. "Oh really"

"Mhm, I love the taste of you"

"Oh someone's feeling better then, do you remember....anything?" I asked, putting the cup down.

"Nah. What, we was in the middle of cross fire?"

"Um..., no. I wasn't even with you when this happened"

"How come? You and I always going out, was it late or something? Oh wait, you must've been at school..."

"Wow, you really don't remember...huh"

"No, did something....happen to us?"

I looked away from him, I probably gave it away that something did happen and he caught on apparently.

"What happen, Brianna?"

"Nothing you need to worry about right now okay. You just need to focus on getting better. But if you must know,....we had a fight because of something I did"

"Was it a bad fight?"

"Yes, but...we're okay again. I've been here for you everyday and...you seem to still love me the same due to you not remembering. But when you do remember,...just know that I'm really sorry and I never meant for any of this to happen. I love you...so much and I realize that I'm nothing without you. I don't want to loose you and this experience has been really making me......grateful that I have you here. But enough with that okay, let's just focus on you for now on. Are you thirsty?"

"No I'm fine and I love you too by the way. I don't wanna be without you either..."

He leaned over slowly, inviting me in for a kiss that I accepted seconds later. Now I felt sick to my stomach and it wasn't because of the baby. He's going to be so hurt when he starts remembering the shit I did, each flashback at a time. Minds well enjoy the peace while its around but maybe if...he realizes that I'm trying to do better and I'm supprting him, things can probably go well. ..I can only hope that it will.

Published August 11th.