Chpt. 43

...

I looked around for my phone until I found it in my bag next to his lifeless body. I unlocked the IPhone and thus called my father over and over until he answered.

"Yes Brianna?" he answered finally.

"Dad--" I said, crying.

"Brianna what's wrong!?" He asked seriously, hearing me crying.

"...--They ambushed....us"

"Who did!?"

"I don't know daddy...I don't--....know" I cried uncontrollably, constantly looking at Kaz. ..my heart just couldn't take this.

"Where are you?" he asked.

"...Kaz--....Kaz is...dead--" I cried more at the fact.

"What!?"

"He's....dead" I gasped, trying to talk in between my sobs.

"Where are you?!" he asked again, demanding an answer.

"I'm driving...I'm almost to the warehouse actually.."

"Aigh. I'll meet you outside" he said before hanging up.

·15 minutes later·
📍The Organization's warehouse

I pulled up in the parking lot and immediately put the car in park, rushing out to run into my dad's arms as he caught me. I felt so blessed to be alive and to see my dad again, I was so scared and this close to being like my boyfriend. ...My poor baby never deserved anything like this and now it's....--he's gone forever.

"You okay?" my dad tilted my head up, seeing me crying my make-up out as my eyeshadow came down my cheeks.

"--I just need a minute okay. I'm just so happy to be home with you..." I hugged him tighter.

"Come on lets go in" he suggested, rubbing my back as he lead us into the warehouse and then up to his office.

From there I sat down and buried my face in my arms. I was so heart broken and...confused. It all just happened so fast. Too fast. Just this morning I was waking up next to him. Just an hour ago we were flirting outside of the guy's office...and now...now I just don't know..

"Tell me what happened..."

I got myself together enough to talk English and to explain the accident. I told my father everything, how good the deal went to the car crash itself. Telling him how I turned Kaz's body over and saw that he was hit fatally in the head. ...That could've been me. It could've been Jacob a year ago...

"Where is his body?" he asked after I told him the details.

"It's still in the car..." I said, shaking.

"What! Why didn't you move him to like the trunk or something. The cops could've pulled you over!"

"I'm sorry...I just--....I just couldn't touch him again. It killed me to see him like that...knowing he's never--...going to talk to me again" I broke down all over again. ...he was really gone.

"Come here" he pulled me up to his chest again, holding me tightly.

I cried badly in his arms, clenching on to his shirt for comfort as the whole situation broke me down into pieces.

"I'm sorry Bri...I'm really sorry you had to see that"

"I'm so...heart broken--...he didn't deserve to die.....like that"