• amnesia •

Amnesia

Mikey:

I remember the day you told me you were leaving. I remember the makeup running down your face. And the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them.

Michael was a complete and utter wreck. There was no hiding it, either. He had dark circles under his bloodshot eyes, and his hair was a matted mess. He wore the same shirt for days in a row, and constantly messed up at concerts. All he could think about was you leaving him. You'd flown all the way out to see him, and he'd messed everything up. Instead of being ridiculously overjoyed, as he should have been, he acted disappointed. You had stayed for days, but he'd only acted distant towards you. He knew he shouldn't be self-pitying. He'd brought this on himself. He remembered your face so clearly as you were crying at his front door, your eyeliner and mascara causing your tears to darken. "Michael, I don't know what happened to us, but I can't stay. I'm going home. I don't even know if you love me anymore." Your words echoed in the back of his mind at all times. I don't even know if you love me anymore. He loved you with his entire heart, and you were home, thinking he hated you. He drove home from the studio slowly, listening to the mix tape you'd made him for his birthday that year. His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, causing his knuckles to turn white. He sulked into his house, planning to head straight up to his room as he entered the door. Instead, he was greeted by the other boys. He looked around, confused. "We need to talk." Calum said. Michael didn't answer, but followed them to the couch. You smiled slightly at Michael, and he looked at you in shock. "(Y/n)..." he trailed off. "Hi, Mikey," you said weakly. He still looked stunned as the boys stepped in front of you protectively. You gingerly placed a hand on Ashton's shoulder, and he backed up slightly. "Michael, I just need to ask you something. Do you still love me?" You asked. Michael's eyes softened as he nodded slowly. You walked towards him cautiously, and his eyes shone. You placed your hand on his cheek. "Why did you act like you hated me?" You choked. "You acted like you didn't need me. Like you didn't need us." You whispered. "I do," he croaked, his voice hoarse. "I need you so, so much." He said, his voice cracking. "I love you so much..." he mumbled. He longed to touch you. To reach out and hold you close to him. You took a deep breath and wrapped your arms around his waist, looking up at him. At first, he didn't react. His hands stayed at his sides, and he was still tense. But slowly, he relaxed, and his hands drifted up to your back. It felt so familiar. "I love you so, so much." He whispered weakly, nuzzling your hair.

Cal:

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, forget about these stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next you, and the memories I never can escape

You grabbed fistfuls of your hair as you paced around your room. You tried to process what had happened. Even though it happened weeks ago, you were still unable to comprehend. Calum broke up with you. Calum Hood broke up with you. Calum Hood broke up with you. You hadn't known he thought you were clingy. You hand't known he thought you were annoying. He always treated you like a princess, and now you were the pauper once more. You wanted to get rid of your frustration, but you didn't know how. You didn't want to wreck your room, and you didn't want to hurt yourself. Instead, you just paced, rage boiling inside of you. Someone cleared their throat from the doorway, and you whirled around. Calum. "Oh." You squeaked as you took in his tall physique. Your shock instantly turned to anger. You marched towards him, and he offered you a small smile. You screwed your face up in disgust, raising your hand and slapping him across the face. He looked completely stunned as you glared at him. "U-um," he stuttered. "How did you get in here?" You demanded, putting a hand on your hip. He sheepishly dangled the house key you'd given him, and you snatched it away. "(Y/n), I don't think you're clingy." He sighed, and you frowned. "Then why the hell would you say it?" You hissed, jabbing a finger to his chest. "I-I just had a horrible day at the studio, and some fans were just really pissing me off. I mean, you should hear the things they say about you!" He cried. "I do Calum. Every single day, I hear it. And then you come home and do the exact same thing! I'm so tired of being your verbal punching bag!" You cried, your eyes brimming with tears. "(Y/n), I didn't know they said those things all the time... I shouldn't have... I'm sorry... I-I..." "You're awful at apologies, you know that?" You sniffed, grinning slightly. He sighed. "I've been told," Both of you fell silent for a while, just looking at one another, dumbfounded on what to say next. "I don't think you're annoying, either. I think you're amazing, (y/n), and I'd give anything to forget your expression after I said those things. I want to completely forget life without you, because it's God-awful, and I never, ever want to go through anything like that again." He said quietly, shuffling his feet. You heaved a deep sigh. "I love you, Calum, and I'd do anything to forget, too... but I can't. All my life, I'm going to be too afraid of being overly attached, as if I wasn't scared of that already." "(Y/n), I promise you, if you'll have me, I'll spend my days trying to make you feel like a princess again. You're my princess, (y/n)." You looked up, surprised to see Calum's teary eyes. Gulping, you crashed into his chest, sobbing rather uncontrollably. "I missed you."