• hogwarts love •

Hogwarts Love
{ Harry Potter }

[Sorry of this one will kinda suck ]

H O O D :

You were sitting on the stairs outside the Great Hall, nose stuck in a book as usual, when a few Gryffindors came tumbling into the corridor. You noticed Ashton Irwin and Calum Hood, both fourth years like you, laughing and talking as they started down the hall. You were a Ravenclaw, so you didn't have many classes with them, but you didn't think they were all bad. Just loud. You even thought Calum was kind of cute. But you knew he'd pick a Gryffindor girl, and never offer a second glance at a nerd like you.
You returned your attentions back to your nose, pushing your glasses up your nose and reading silently for a few seconds before you realised the boys were slowing down, heading for you. You pretended not to notice them; they were probably going to humiliate you somehow. Suddenly, you heard Ashton and Calum playfully shoving each other and Ashton laughing as he told Calum "Just ask her, mate!" You snuck a glance at Calum, who was shaking his head and seemed to be frozen with nervousness. You finally put your book down, and he sound seemed to snap Ashton and Calum out of their little world. "Excuse me, Y/N." Ashton said confidently, and you raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?" you asked. "My friend Calum here has something he wants to ask you." Ashton said, pushing Calum forward. "Erm, I was wondering whether you'd maybe.. l-like to go to the Yule Ball?" Calum stuttered. "With me, I mean. God, obviously Calum, you're so stupid.." he trailed off, and you couldn't help but smile. "I'd love to." you said happily. "Oh." Calum breathed out. "Okay then. See you there!" he yelled, back to his usual self as he and Ashton sprinted down the hallway, but you caught a glimpse of him high-fiving Ashton and the bright smile on his face that you never wanted to go away.

C L I F F O R D :

"Ms. Y/L/N." you heard from above you as you frantically stirred up your potion, trying to get it to turn from purple to the pale pink it was supposed to be. You looked up slowly, only to be met with a angry glare from Professor Snape. "Tell me, Ms. Y/L/N, how can a girl who claims to be so smart be so completely awful at Potions?" he asked you, picking up your goblet and throwing in the trash bin before sweeping back up to the front of the class. You couldn't take any more, and burst out with "I'm not quite sure, Professor. Maybe you could educate me on how a man who teaches at Hogwarts School can be such a complete asshole." He whirled around with a steely look in his eye. "Detention. And ten points from Gryffindor for good measure." You looked to your best friend Calum, who gave you an enthusiastic nod and a thumbs up. "Make that twenty." Snape said without turning around. "Refrain from talking or signaling to Ms. Y/L/N in the future, Mr. Hood."
An hour later, you walked into the Potions dungeon, sighing. You found Snape's instructions on the board quickly and turned to see a boy with bright blueish hair already sitting at a desk. You finally recognised him to be Michael Clifford, Snape's favorite. You rolled your eyes angrily and slumped down in the desk next to his. "Trust me," the boy said, his words dripping with hate, "I don't want to be here with you either." You looked at him in surprise. "What did I ever do to you? See, this is why everyone hates Slytherins." "Just shut up, will you?" he said without turning around. "Intelligent comment, Clifford." you said sarcastically. "How long did it take you to think that one up?" And suddenly, you're up screaming at each other before he kisses you, taking you by surprise. "Anyone ever told you you're hot when you're angry?" he says, smirking.

H E M M I N G S :

It was finally spring around Hogwarts, and it was warm and sunny. You were walking through the grounds, enjoying the day, when you saw two boys you'd really like to avoid. Michael, and Calum were Slytherins in your year, and they were massive bullies. You thought they were alone, but then you noticed they had a new victim with them. He was on the ground, unable to move. You gasped, and then pulled out your wand and stormed over to them. "What do you think you're doing?" you asked them. Calum turned to you first. "Why should you care?" he countered. You rolled your eyes. "Torturing Ravenclaws doesn't make you any more clever, boys. Let him go, or there'll be hell to pay." you said, twirling your wand around your fingers. As an accomplished witch, you knew you could take them both out, and they seemed to know it too, shrugging and walking away.
You looked at the boy on the ground. He had blonde hair and ocean blue eyes covered by a pair of glasses. A memory flickered in your brain of him in Charms class with you in first year. He was the first to make his feather levitate. That was when you connected name to face, and saw Luke Hemmings. You quickly performed the counter spell, and extended a hand to him. He gratefully took it, sitting up slowly. "Thank you." he said quietly, fiddling with his glasses. "Are you all right? Need to go to Madam Pomfrey's?" you asked him. He waved you away. "No, I'm alright. This happens a lot." he shrugged. "Luke Hemmings. Ravenclaw. And you're Y/N Y/L/N, from Gryffindor, right?" You nodded, astonished that he even knew your name. He chuckled just a little bit. "Well, at least getting beaten up has finally given me an excuse to talk to you."

I R W I N :

It was late at night in the Gryffindor common room, and you were still up, reading the ridiculous amount of work McGonagall had assigned you. One by one, people finished reading or talking and went up to bed, yet you stayed. You and Ashton, your best friend. "Come on, Y/L/N, you can read a little bit more." he said, trying to coax you into doing what he asked. You shook your head. "Ash, I'm so tired. The Bertie Bott's may have worked earlier, but it's 2:10. In the morning." "Come on, babe." Ashton teased you, and you felt your heart flutter. You loved him in secret, never telling anyone your feelings.
"What if I give you some motivation?" Ashton asked, and you looked at him quizzically. He gulped, and said "For every page you read, I'll give you a kiss." Your heart fluttered again, and you bit your lip. "On second thought, maybe we should just start now." he whispered, leaning in and pressing his lips to yours for the first time.
It was 2:11 AM, and you had never felt less tired.