Episode 75: Lingering Tension

Land and sky continued to shake until a violet aura suddenly flared to life around the Shield Knight

"I, I did it!" Tetsuya yelled. He turned around and smiled at the sight of another pair of wings, these ones with a total wingspan of seven feet.

"He really did," Hideo said, gawking.

"Well, seems that you aren't special anymore," Zyuuni said, chuckling.

Hideo glared at Tetsuya. "Stupid shield knight, having to steal my thunder..."

"Why are you calling him stupid? Isn't it good that our tank is stronger now?" Setsuko asked with a sly grin. "It makes saving Dan easier."

"I guess that is a good thing."

Tetsuya started to fly down but as he did the ground began to tremble more.

"Son, power down!" Anis yelled.

"Seems that he'll need some training," Serrano said, chuckling.

"You want to do the honors?" Takeshi asked.

"Sure. You can leave it to me and Kohri to train Tetsu and Hideo."

"Me too? But I can control my form better than that guy," Hideo said, puffing up his chest.

"That might be because your Second Heaven form is weaker than Tetsu's," Kohri said.

"Hmm, wonder if those two will finally be able to give me a challenge," a voice called out. Everyone turned toward the green tent where Saya had been sitting nearby. Emerging from it were Eiichi and Sabine.

"I was wondering where you had gone," Eiko said, leering at her oldest son. "Honestly, spending time like this with your girlfriend. I thought that you wouldn't slack off."

"I wasn't slacking off," Eiichi said, grumbling.

His mother scoffed. "Whatever. Now, go there and transform! I can't have you lose to that peasant boy and the runt."

"Who are you calling runt?" Hideo asked as a powerful gust blew in, almost tossing our food away.

"Hey!" I yelled, grabbing a hold of some plates. I gasped. Hideo's aura had flared up once more.

"Seems you do need to practice self-control," Takeshi said, scratching the side of his face.

Hideo stepped back and dispersed his aura. "Uh..."

Anis sighed and shook her head. "Is this kid really my nephew? He's nothing like my little sis and Hideaki."

"Well, he sure is like his auntie," Takeshi said, chuckling.

His wife shot him a death glare. "How rude!"

She sounded just like me... Guess that Tetsu wasn't lying when he said I resembled his mom.