Episode 53: Mountain of Regrets

*Dine*

Man-kin, Roa, Etsuo, Suzuki, Reno, and I (using Kiara's body) made our way to the end of the highest cavern on the spiral rock. Making our way here had been difficult. According to Roa, the cavern had been shifted and the stone hardened in such a way that moving the new walls away would be difficult. While all of us had earth powers, they were very underdeveloped, except for those of Man-kin. So we instead traveled the full length of the cavern with Man-kin leading the way.

After a grueling walk, we finally arrived here and found a black platform with mysterious symbols drawn throughout it. On top of the platform were several sapphire monoliths forming a circle.

According to Roa, this platform connected this world to the main gates of Zionia. When I asked if this was where our enemies arrived, he said that the portal they used likely took them someplace further up the spiral rock. Likely on the outside or even on different islands. Neither he nor Etsuo seemed sure about that as they hadn't joined Kuroriku on one of their expeditions.

Etsuo and Roa stepped onto the platform and closed their eyes. They raised the stones as if they had experience doing so. Though, considering that they had gone to Zionia before, they probably had practice. Though would we appear in Grand Crater? I rather we didn't, that icy land would only bring back bad memories...

I turned around and peered at the cavern, dimly lit by the blue glow being emitted by the stones. "Who is there?" I yelled.

"Hey!" Mei said, grinning. She yanked Mai out from the shadows. "We made it!"

"Mei, Mai, why were you hiding?" Man-kin asked, putting his hands behind his head. "Wanted to wish us good luck?" He grinned. "Or are you coming with us?"

Mai averted her eyes. "I didn't want to, but Mei dragged me here."

Mei sighed. "Come on, I know you want to go too. You could drop that card in your hands into his casket, if they'll have one."

Mai winced at the mentioned of a casket.

"A card?" Suzuki asked, confused. "Like a farewell one?"

Reno frowned. "I don't think she means that kind. Dan, I heard he liked playing card games."

Suzuki gave Mai a slight smile. "How sweet."

Mai remained silent as her face reddened a little. "It's not. I actually got it from uncle. I was using it to motivate your cousin to train harder. Though I kept what it was a surprise."

"Well, I'm sure that Dan would've loved it," Etsuo said, smiling.

"Hey, focus!" Roa yelled. "It's only us two this time!"

Etsuo sighed. "Should've taught the others how to do this befo-" His voice vanished. He narrowed his eyes at Roa who had taken his voice away. He closed his eyes and focused on spinning the stones.

Suzuki stepped forward. "Hey, did anyone else come with you?"

"No, but now that you mention it..." Mei said, glancing back.

Mai gave her sister a judging look. "I told you someone was following us!"

"I thought that it was a ploy to get away," Mei said, sticking her tongue out as if to look cute.

"Come on," I said, walking over to the entrance to the 'room'. "If you do then we won't harm you."

An orange haired girl dressed in white and red robes stepped out from behind some rocks.

"Omatsu," I said, laughing. "What are you doing here?"

"Dine?" Omatsu asked, startled. "Did you take over that girl's body?"