Episode 46: Cries from the Abyss

*Reginald*

[Sacred Crystal Pit]

I knelt down at the edge of the pit. "Pardon me oh Great Ancient One for this transgression, I your chosen will take full responsibility for my actions."

Suddenly the pit began to glow, signaling the Great Ancient One's approval.

"You better be reviving my son," a blue haired woman dressed in scaly armor said.

I grinned. "Sure, I can do that, but I can't promise you that he'll live again for very long. Etsuo is pretty fired up. Never seen him like this. He might just kill Satoru again. If you ask me, it'll be better if he remains dead. At least that way his energy will belong to the Great Ancient One."

The woman scoffed. "Oh, please, your weakling of a grandson could never defeat my son, you truly believe that he can do so now?"

Daisaru snickered. "Well, your son was outsmarted by a 'weak' kid, so it goes to show that raw power isn't everything."

The woman crossed her arms and glared at the monkey king. "To hear such words from a buffoon like you who only uses his raw power..."

"Hey, watch it. It was bad enough that you insulted my son, but now my husband?" Rocio asked, glaring at her from a stone throne she herself had formed near the edge.

The armored lady chuckled. "Rocio, dear, you do know that I'm not afraid of you, right? You are among our weakest members, weaker than that treasonous older brother of yours. The only reason you feel as if you hold any sway in our matters is because your father and your husband are among our four strongest. But need I remind you that their own influence is countered by my dear brother as well as my own?"

Aster giggled as she and Takon made their way toward us. "Wow, you never change, Margaret," my darling wife said. She clapped her hands together and grinned. "Need I remind you that Reginald's family holds the most sway? They do make up a large percentage of our membership. Not to mention that Regi here is married to yours truly."

Margaret glared at her before turning her back to her and the rest of us. "Well, the stone has been stabilized. Just be careful to not mess it up, Reginald. Then again, that kid was weak, so I doubt taking his life-force out would make much of a difference."

Etsuo had asked me to revive Dan, but I couldn't feel his soul in the darkness. It was as if it had sunken deeper than I could hope to reach. Poor kid.

"You can't find him, can you?" Skah asked with sad eyes.

I shook my head. "No." I gasped as I came across a familiar soul. It wasn't Dan's nor Satoru's. I pulled the soul up and gasped at the sight. This soul, it belongs to...

*???*

[Unknown Location]

"Tetsu, please protect me and the others from wherever you are!" a voice called out.

"R-rosa?" I asked. I pushed myself off the floor which rippled with purple waves as soon as I did. In front of me were nothing but shadows pouring down like part of an eternal waterfall. It was similar the abyss and when I had met Hanketsu. I stared down and saw a gaping hole in my chest. How was I even alive?

Wait, was I even alive?

"Where am I?" I asked, touching my head. I felt worse than when Satoru sent me crashing into his throne.

"Hey, Papa" said a familiar voice. I turned around and saw a bright light. It was Hanketsu, still trapped by the chains of his sin.

I glared at the guy. "Who are you calling 'Papa'? I don't even have a kid!"