Episode 24: Winds of Emotion

[Xeleria]

[Xeleria]

It had been nearly a week since we had arrived in the realm of magic. However, Kuroshi said that Setsuko and co. hadn't arrived until earlier today. Apparently, whatever they used to travel through space had also caused them to travel through time.

So instead of waiting for them, we went ahead to the capital where he had expected them to go. Though things didn't go so smoothly. At least for me...

"Hideo," Eiichi said, shaking his head at me. "You're going to hurt the little girl."

"I don't care, she spilled her soda on my cape and thinks that she can get away with it! I won't let this injustice stand!" I barked as I launched another round of bullets.

"You jerk," blue haired man said as he moved the water around him and his daughter.

"Help me out here," I shouted as water tendrils grasped my weapon.

"Papa, show them your true power," the little girl said, grinning.

Eiichi sighed as he unstrapped his spear from his back. "Why must I fix your messes?"

"Because we're companions! We have to stick with each other."

"Is that so?" I heard Setsuko ask, causing us to lower our weapons.

Eiichi smiled at her. "Ah, Setty! We finally found you!"

"Don't call me that! You aren't my friend," she said.

I gasped as I saw that she carried Rosalba in her arms.

"What's going on here?" Hyosetsu asked as he made his way to us. Along with him were Tetsuya and Serrano. Their eyes widened as soon as they saw Rosa.

"Rosa!" the three yelled in unison.

"My sister collapsed. I need to take her to a place she can get some rest. But it seems that I need to help you clear something up first."

Tetsuya sighed. "I think that we should let these two morons figure this out." He grinned mischievously.

She smiled back. "Sounds like a plan!"

Serrano nodded. "I agree too."

"Ditto!" Hyosetsu said, nodding as well.

Eiichi grumbled. "Since when have you folks all agreed with each other?"

"Let's get out of here while we still can, Nyima," the man told the girl.

"Right, Papa!" Nyima said, following him out.

"Hey!" I shouted. I picked up my weapon and shot at them.

The bullet bounced back, nearly hitting me in the arm.

"That's enough," Tetsuya said, holding his shield in front of the father-daughter pair.

The father smiled. "Ahh, so you aren't on their side?" he asked.