Episode 36: Lost Hope

I had helped Ximena and Nori search for clues on the latter's family but we couldn't find much except that they lived in the north, near the borders with Mina and Xian

"Don't be sad, Nori. Everything will turn out okay," Ximena said said, patting his head. "After the games, we can take a trip northward and continue the search there."

Nori nodded even as he had tears at the edge of his eyes. "Nori prays that will come true."

I smiled. "That's the spirit!" I yelled, grinning. "Now, how about we go watch some of the matches? Setty must be waiting for us."

"Well, you. I don't think she cares much about seeing me at least," Xime said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why do you say that? Did she say anything to you?"

"No, but she doesn't quiet give off a welcoming vibe toward me."

I sighed. "I guess she's simply jealous. Don't take it to heart."

Ximena lowered her head. "Even then, how can I not? If she likes you then where does that..."

I flicked her on the forehead. "Put you? No matter which of the two I end up with, the other will still be an important friend."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Did Eita's brother rub off on you? That sounds a bit playboy-ish."

I chuckled nervously. "I... I didn't mean it as that..." I placed a hand on my heart. "Honestly, sometimes I confuse even myself... What is it that I want in this life? I feel as if I'm lost at sea without an anchor. The recent events with Tetsu and the rest of my family have only made that sea more chaotic than it already was."

"Serra should rely on the Sky Father more. After all, he's the anchor to our hearts. When one feels a drift, he will stabilize. When one feels dead, he'll bring life back into them," Nori said with a hopeful smile.

Xime patted the red haired boy's head. "Nori is right. Rely more on the Sky Father for support when you feel like life threatens to spill over."

The Sky Father? When I prayed to him to help Conrad and me... where was he?

Tetsu was more open about his mistrust toward the divine than I, but I wasn't any more trusting of them than he was. The Sky Father and Earth Mother had abandoned me, their anchor was non-existent in my life. Since the day I was born up to now.

"I sense that you doubt his promises," Ximena said, tapping me on the chest. "But please keep them in mind should you find yourself lost. His life will shine even in the darkest abyss."

I closed my eyes and recalled how Tetsuya had arrived to my life when I most needed a light. Had the Sky Father brought him into my life for that purpose? If so, then why was that light now dimmed? What once gave me hope and joy now only caused despair and confusion within this heart of mine.