Episode 67: GEAR

*Setsuko*

We returned to the front of the palace where two buses and a taxi awaited us. Though, I wasn't sure as to what the second one or the taxi was for, considering there wasn't enough of us to fill up even one.

"Well, it was nice tagging along with you thus far, but I must return back home," Zafir said, bowing his head. "My cousin Kir has summoned me back."

I gasped. "Is it something serious?"

"I'm not sure yet, but it appears to be urgent by the sound of things. Perhaps, it's related to the battle of Grand Crater. My grandmother was interested in the crater due in part to its proximity to our lands."

"Lady Aquarina is?" I asked, looking down. That was troubling, but surely she sensed the power of Daisaru. Could it be that she and the other two remaining Archangels are planning to finally step into this affair?

"Yeah. Hopefully, it isn't something that we can't handle on our own. Next time we meet, the war will likely be taking another turn."

I looked up. "Hopefully, for the best."

"Yes," Zafir said, turning around. He waved good-bye and got into the taxi.

I waved good-bye back as the taxi drove off. "Let's go. We might not have much time before the abyssmals make their next move."

I turned around as I made my way to the black bus that would take us to the southern province. I gasped as soon as I spotted a lanky orange haired man with a pale complexion standing by the entrance to the bus. He turned his apricot eyes to me and strode over.

"Ahhh, Princess Setsuko. Glad to see you again," he said, flashing me his usual sleazy smile.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I doubt you are," I said, put my hand on my hips. "Now state what you want, Prime Minister Ito."

He bowed his head and flashed me a sly grin. "I merely came to wish you and your companions farewell. I was unable to do so the other times you've ventured off." He stood up to his full height as soon as he saw Rosa. "Ahh, Princess Rosalba. So you'll be going to this excursion too?"

"Yes," Rosa said, hiding behind Tetsuya.

He turned his eyes toward Tetsu. "And that rapist is here too. Why are you close to him? Did he mislead you just like he did your older sister? Also, hasn't the king told him not to step foot here again?"

"Hold your tongue," Serrano said, stepping forward. "Tetsuya should be presumed innocent until a trial has convicted him of wrongdoing. Is that not the system that the previous king whom you served under created?"

The prime minister's smile vanished. "Ohh, so it appears that the rumors around the palace are true. You have turned on the royal family after all."

"What bull are you spewing?" Tetsuya asked, stepping forward. "Like Serrano would turn on the royal family!"

"Indeed," Takeshi said, putting a hand on Serrano's shoulder. "You are one to speak about crimes. Prime Minister Ito, I've heard things... things that could destroy you."

The prime minister took a step back and snickered. "Is that so? But those are only slanderous hearsay. Do not take the word of those who utter such things. You, on the other hand appear to have tainted hands."

Takeshi smiled. "And yet you dare taunt me despite knowing that. You don't fear waking up with the fishes, do you?"

The prime minister wrinkled his nose. "I do not know why the king continues to allow a man as shady as yourself near him."