Episode 44: Chaos

[Some Moments Earlier]

Lady Saya had teleported us to the Castle grounds of Kyuu Seishin. It had the strongest barrier in the entire nation, plus was close enough that she didn't have to use up all her energy, allowing her to go back to rescue the rest of the civilians who had gotten hurt.

"How much longer do you think it'll take?" I whispered to Anis. I didn't want to directly ask either Takeshi or Kohri for fear of breaking their concentration.

Takeshi chuckled and raised the shield over his head. "It is done! Though, it seems that I lack the energy to take it to Tetsu. Think that you can do me the favor?"

Anis nodded and walked over to take Agnes from him. For some reason she hadn't fought despite being one of the Seven Hill Knights. I took it that she felt comfortable with Queen Saya and Tatsu were there to give us a hand. She would step in as a card of last resort.

Suddenly, a shock-wave echoed throughout the palace grounds.

"What was that?" Kohri asked as he laid in the ground, exhausted.

I rushed over to one of the windows in the old fashioned wooden castle. It had come from the direction of the arena. Another round of intense rain fell over the barrier followed by strong heat. It was as if the two beasts were at war with one another.

"What's going on over there?" I asked.

Takeshi closed his eyes. "Let's see if the five weapons can tell me." He chuckled. "It seems that Tetsu tricked those dumb ancient monsters into renewing their rivalry." He opened his eyes. "No..."

"W-what happened?" I asked, turning around.

He opened his eyes which were glowing in the colors of the rainbow. "Hideo... just shot Tetsu..."

"No," Anis said, taking a step back. She lowered her eyes to the shield. The green color of its core was dimming.

"What?" I snapped. My angel tool began to heat up once more just like how it had during my battle with Satoru. "Why would he? I know that Hideo isn't fond of Tetsu, but..."

"Tetsu shielded Serra, but he would've been next anyway. Satoru is threatening to kill Dan if Hideo doesn't kill Tetsu and the others."

"What? Satoru is here with Dan?"

He shook his head. "No, they're in the abyss. Satoru who was detained by Mr. Obi while we were in Wynaga appears to have escaped and returned back home. Isemori... was the rescue botched?"

"Isemori?" Anis asked.

"He's one of my companions. I guess one could say 'servant'. Either way, I had tasked Omatsu and him to rescue and bring back Kiara and Dan. I gifted each one with a talisman with enough energy to power the teleportation stones too... But was it not enough? Or did Satoru intercept them before they could even get that far?"