Episode 23: Talk

Our entire group stood up as we noticed that Setsuko was approaching the boy who had defeated the nephew of our Universe's Queen

"Where are you going?" asked Serrano, running after his future wife.

"Setty," Rosa said, frowning. Serrano, she, and I followed Setsuko to downstairs. The blue haired boy had already gone into the tunnel he had emerged from.

"I want to talk to that boy," she responded. "That guy owns a necklace unlike any that I've ever seen before."

Rosa tilted her head. "That's true."

I sorta wanted to talk to Eri too, but it wasn't because of his necklace.

"Master, wait up for Yuko!" Yuko yelled.

I paused and waited for her to catch up. "Want to do some sightseeing?" I asked.

Her face beamed as she nodded. "Of course Yuko does!"

"Hey, are those creatures angels?" I overheard someone whisper.

"I think so," someone responded them. "Wait, that one with the strange silver bracelet seems to be looking our way."

I smiled at the two kids staring at us. One of them was a boy with weasel eyes while the other was a girl with horse-like eyes. Something about them reminded me of Yuko.

"Kids, didn't anyone ever tell you that it's impolite to stare?" Maki scolded them.

The weasel eyed boy leered. "You're also like them, an angel."

Maki sighed. "So young and yet so misguided."

Misguided? What was he referring to?

"Don't let it bother you," Akane said as she walked behind us. "If you want to do some sightseeing then I can show you around. I'm no expert in Kyuu Seishinian culture but I do know a thing or two about it."

"Let me help too," Ximena said. "I heard a few stories from father. Though they're ancient ones so they might not apply anymore."

"Sure, we'll appreciate it," Serrano responded, grinning at his crush.

Setsuko narrowed her eyes at him.

"Sis, are you jealous?" Rosa whispered to her sister. She was smiling.

"L-let's go," Setsuko said, turning around.

"She's just like Maki," I whispered.

Rosa chuckled.

I felt my face reddened. I felt the urge to wrap my arm around her and kiss her forehead.

"Excuse me," Hyosetsu said as he walked between us.

"Where are you going?" Kohri yelled.

"To do some sight seeing."

"Okay. Just be back here in a few, okay?"