Episode 9: Revelation

I held Bear-Woof tightly as I rocked myself in my sister's bed

I held Bear-Woof tightly as I rocked myself in my sister's bed. I couldn't sleep in my room, not after what had happened. It brought back too many bad memories. Sadly, so did Bear-Woof. Its scent reminded me of Tetsuya...

At the same time, the scent comforted me. It reminded me of when I was younger, back when dad threw it out of the car. Back when I met that dark skinned, golden eyed boy who smiled like the sun. I...I couldn't believe that same boy had done that to me.

Tetsu... How could he have...? No, he couldn't have been the one! Y-yet, I also refused to believe that Roa and Etsuo were with the enemy. B...but Kohri didn't trust those two, yet he trusted Tetsu. So maybe Tetsu was innocent.

Tetsu... Having seen him give his hamburger to a hungry Yuko reminded me of when he bought me a sandwich at the cafe in his university. Come to think of it, I hadn't paid him back like I promised.

I got up and looked outside my sister's window. The stars were barely visible, unlike in the countryside. Satoru's words from our battle in Grand Chasm echoed in my head. Was Tetsu really pretending to be nice?

I fell to my knees and let out a cry. Why did this have to happen? Why?

"What are you doing, Rosa?" I asked myself. "Get up, you won't find the truth like this. You need answers." A gasp escaped my lips. Tetsu, I needed to talk to him, whether I wanted to or not.

"You really do love that guy, huh?" a voice called out.

I turned toward the door and saw my sister standing by the doorway. She ran over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Sis," I mumbled.

"I know you don't trust your instinct anymore after what happened with those spies, but if you seek answers then I will help you," Setty said, running her hand through my hair. "I will help you erase any doubt if Tetsuya did it or not. Then that way, you'll be able to take a step forward and move on. But if it does turn out that it was him, then promise me that you will forget about him."

I hugged her as tightly as I could. "I..." I sniffled into her hair. "I pr...promise."

Setty smiled slightly. "Be strong, Rosa. I'll avenge you, no matter what must be done."

*Serrano*

I closed the door behind me and left the sisters alone. I'd come with Setsuko, but had decided to stay outside to give them some space.

I lowered my head and stopped. Was Tetsu really innocent? If so, then I had made a big mistake.

I took a deep breath and continued walking until I overheard King Osamu and another talking. I hid behind a pillar and watched as a man in a white lab coat handed him a piece of paper.

"Let's see the results," King Osamu said. He looked at the envelop with down-turned eyes. Slowly, the king opened it and took out its contents. The king took a deep breath. "Thanks. I ask that you keep this a secret for the time being, at least until this war is over. If my oldest daughter were to find out she will surely kill him."