Episode 81: Aurorae and Meteors

I wasn't sure why space was only beginning to bend despite the great amount of mana that Hyosetsu and I were using in our clash

I wasn't sure why space was only beginning to bend despite the great amount of mana that Hyosetsu and I were using in our clash. It was then that Hyosetsu and I heard Ayumi grunt. She looked as if she was struggling with something but her eyes were focused on us. It had to be her who was keeping the surrounding space intact.

Zyuuni walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I think that we should finish this quickly," Hyosetsu said as he closed his eyes. He dashed toward me, slicing one of the seven floating crystals perfectly in half.

I nodded and slammed Alma against his side, sending him reeling. However, my cousin quickly covered his wound with ice to stop the bleeding and stood up.

He swung his sword, slicing another two of the crystals with the resulting sword beam.

I focused the remaining four crystals and sent them toward the dragon slithering up behind me. The dragon growled as he tried to slap the crystals away with its front claws. The force still managed to send it reeling as shards struck its forehead.

"Thought that I would forget?" I asked as I blocked Hyosetsu's Baldo with my Alma. My weapon encircled the sword. I yanked Alma, pulling Baldo away from his grip. Though, he seemed to not have struggled. His grip couldn't possibly have been that weak.

"Hyoryuu, return!" Hyosetsu yelled. The dragon turned into a sphere of blue energy and flew toward the sword, knocking me to the ground.

Hyosetsu smiled as he pointed his white sword at my neck. I grabbed it with my right hand.

"I'll be taking that back," he said, levitating Baldo out of Alma's grasp. He swung Baldo at me. I gasped and grabbed the sword with my right hand. The sword beam from the swing though caused several cuts to appear on my hand.

He pressed his white sword down, causing it to slip through my hand and get closer to my neck. "Give up. It's over."

"It's not!" I yelled. He gasped and pulled his swords away and took to the air. A wad of crystals erupted from the ground, stabbing my cousin's legs as he failed to fly away in time.

"Got ya!" I said, smacking him in the abdomen with Alma. He spat out blood and saliva as he flew through the air.

He chuckled and swung his swords even as he was falling, forcing me to jump back. "Ha! Unicorn of the Frozen Plains!" He yelled as he spun around and landed on the ground. He pressed the tips of his swords together and unleashed a beam of cold air at me.

I held out my hands and stopped it. I should've done this from the start, but my control over ice wasn't anything like his. I side stepped out of the way and let the beam go. I jumped up and moved forward as a glacier of ice formed on the barrier and spread to where I had been standing.

"Sphinx of the Frozen Ruins!" Hyosetsu called out as he swung both his swords at once. A figure resembling a lion-like creature with a human head charged at me. I raised the earth around me, forming a thick earthen wall. The sphinx passed through the earth wall like a specter, leaving the wall covered in ice in its wake.