Episode 43: Plan of a Fox

"Should we really take the kids with us?" Zyunni asked as we made our way past the empty ticket counters

"Should we really take the kids with us?" Zyunni asked as we made our way past the empty ticket counters. Debris littered this area too, but it was easier to remove with the majority consisting of concrete slabs.

"Yeah, they might get hurt," Ryonoko said.

"They are safer with us than left behind," Setsuko said. "Besides, the kid seems to have a powerful weapon."

"True, but they should probably keep a distance," Serrano said.

"Lei!" yelled the same blue-haired girl who had dumped her drink on Hideo. Just like Lei, she was being pursued by beings of darkness. She spun around and destroyed a blob with a pillar of light. "Ha! Die, you so not cute blob!"

"That girl knows the brat?" Hideo said, scoffing.

The girl glared at Hideo and stuck her tongue out. Hideo returned the gesture.

Setsuko pushed Hideo. "Stop it, now isn't the time to..."

Suddenly the entire building was rocked by a shock-wave coming from the center of the arena, sending debris flying in all directions. The earth cracked and flames covered the semi-calm scene.

"What's going on?" the girl asked, stumbling to the floor.

All of us Kuroriku clan members put our hands against the floor, desperate to stabilize the earth. "It's those dragons." A heat wave struck the building, causing temperatures to skyrocket.

Hyosetsu yelled in agony as the effects of the heat caused his icy wings to melt.

"Hold on," Setsuko said as she grimaced from the force of the earth seeking to escape.

The sword knight gritted his teeth and raised his blade. Snow flowed out of the sword like a blizzard, bringing the temperature back down to bearable degrees.

All of us stood up.

"Yuko," I said, turning around. It was then that I barely noticed that my Ma and Rosa weren't around. They must've gone with Kuroshi and Kohri.

"Yes, Master?" Yuko asked, looking a bit exhausted. These weather shifts weren't good for her.

"Stay here and take care of Lei and the other kids. You too, Nori."

"Got it!" Nori said, taking Lei from me.

"I guess that I'll stay with them too," Ximena said. "I'm not much of a fighter anyway."

"Stay safe," Serrano said.

Xime smiled and nodded. "Likewise."

Setsuko glared at Serra and walked on ahead.

I snickered. She sure was a jealous princess.

We followed after her, but we didn't get very far as several familiar faces approached.