Episode 42: The Knights

Serra and I served as the vanguard of our small but 'elite' group

Serra and I served as the vanguard of our small but 'elite' group. We rushed at the shadows and mowed them down as they twisted and turned like chaotic waves. But soon another wave of creatures came at us and pushed my cousin and me back, threatening to swallow us whole.

I swung my brand new weapon through the blackish waters, cutting us a path in the dark sea.

"Hurry!" I yelled, rushing on ahead.

I turned around and saw as the Dragon Emperor rushed at Reginald at the speed of sound. "Draconic Claw!" the Tatsu screamed. The land dragon shielded Reginald with the sturdy hide of its arm. With one swing of its tail, it sent the Dragon Emperor flying and crashing not too far from us.

"Tatsu!" Saya screamed as she leaned forward. She shook her head and closed her eyes. "Get up, now! You can't fall after just one hit!"

Ryonoko's dad stood up a massive crater which covered most of the ruins of the park that was once here.

"Of course not," he said as he wiped blood from his lips. He grinned and summoned a giant sword similar to his son's. The only difference was that his was midnight-blue.

Tatsu raised his sword at the sky. Massive amounts of ki danced around him. He flashed his opponent a grin and said, "I was merely warming up!"

"I told you to take things seriously!" Father yelled. He shifted his gaze to Rosalba and Kohri "Rosa, hand over the item I mentioned. The rest of you, continue to destroy any blobs that might approach."

Rosalba handed him a red sphere.

"Where's my dad?" Zyuuni asked, glancing toward the stadium.

"Probably back at the stadium," Saya said as she made her way to us. She created a wall of light around the walls of the cut dark sea, preventing it from crashing around us.

"Daisuke will be fine," Saya said, reinforcing her barrier. She stared at her husband. "He has your mother by his side just like Tatsu has me by his."

The mage prince sighed, looking at his aunt with a glimmer of hope. "Hopefully." He raised his scythe. "Ryonoko let's destroy these things!"

The Celestial Prince grinned and charged his swords with electricity. "You got it, Zyu!"

Suddenly multiple wave rippled across the shadowy sea, causing the thing to ripple uncontrollably.

Father focused all of his attention on the shield. With one swipe of his hand he removed the green sphere in the center and had it open up like some kind of capsule. Within was a strange, glittering matrix. At its center was a crystal. Father closed his eyes and levitated the dragon orb above the sphere. The orb slowly shrunk little by little.

"Cool," Lei said, snapping out of the fear he was in. For some reason I got the impression that the child was easily distracted.

"This is weapon synthesis," Kohri said, awestruck.