Episode 85: Shield of Wrath

Eiichi came to a stop several feet away and swept his hair black

Eiichi came to a stop several feet away and swept his hair black. "See that? The gap between us? You can't possibly hope to defeat a genius, such as myself which such weak barriers," he said, chuckling as he leaned forward. "Only fellow geniuses have managed to do so, or come close to."

I wobbled as I rose to my full height. He hadn't even given me a chance to raise up another barrier since the one he shattered, which required him to exert more force than before, so who was he calling weak?

"How mighty humble of you," I said, wiping blood from the edge of my mouth.

Eiichi slipped his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "Truth be told, I haven't even come close to being serious. So, if you want to see my true power then how about you stop holding back." His smile faded. "I am not liking how you're holding back on me as if I were Hideo. Go on, show me your Second Heaven form! Not that it will change things radically, but at least, it won't be another total snooze fest."

I chuckled. "You'll regret asking for it, but here goes! I'll make you regret your constant insults!" I yelled. A purple aura wrapped around my body, healing my wounds which my abyssmal regenerative abilities were no longer able to close. The tiles of the entire arena shattered and Eiichi had to slam Carlos against the ground to avoid being blown away.

Eiichi stared at me with wide eyes.

I grinned. "Regretting it now?"

Eiichi smiled back. "Quite the contrary!" he yelled as portals opened around me. "It gives me the chance to go all out!"

I snickered as the portal started to close as my aura expanded.

"What?" he said, stepping back.

"Abyssmals aren't affected by time or space attacks. Tetsu is at most a quarter abyssmal," Takeshi yelled. He stared at me with a proud look. "Though, that he would figure out how to do it himself is a surprise."

"Well, Satoru did neutralize Sirius' temporal attacks according to Serra," I said, smirking.

"Ahh, so it was your cousin who helped you out with that. Still, figuring out so quickly..."

I chuckled as I turned my eyes back to Eiichi. "Surprised that you aren't the only genius?"

"Tsk," Eiichi said as electricity crackled on the tip of Carlos. "You left yourself wide open!" He vanished from where he stood and appeared overhead. "It's over!"

I held out a hand and grabbed his spear's shaft with my bare hand (well, not really as I was wearing black gloves, but they didn't have any special abilities or anything of the sort). "You were saying? Jerknight?"

Eiichi glared at me and unleashed a burst of electricity from the tip.

I chuckled. "That tickles, but that won't exactly end this. At least, not in your favor."