Chapter 6: Not Just Friends

*Luzs POV*

"Royce! Please hurry! You're gonna be late!"

"Coming! Just putting on this tie"

I waited in the bathroom while Royce finished up getting ready in his room. He had a press conference at 7:30pm and it was already 7pm.

"Here I am! Now work your magic on me!"

"Alright Mr. Rojas! Get in the magic chair!"

"Yes ma'am!" Royce replied.

As his new hairstylist/ personal assistant I had to make sure her looked as perfect as possible.

"Do these tux look ugly? What about the tie? Does it look okay? Are the shoes okay? Do thr pants look fine? The truth. Do I look fat? I feel like I do. And... Why are you looking at me like that?! ANSWER!"

"Royce! You are being ridiculous! 'Do I look fat?' What has gotten into you?! You look perfectly handsome! The reporters will drool over you! I love your tux! They look fine along with the pant and shoes. You will kill them Geoffrey Royce Rojas!"

As I finished answering all his absurd questions, I also got done with his hair.

"I'm sorry Luz. I guess I'm just really nervous. After all, it is my first appearance with my new look. And I'll be talking about my new music&tout as well. I got some butterflies..."

"Geoffrey, estas actuando peor que una vieja! Calm down! Just enjoy it all and relax. Be yourself. By the way, I'm done!"

I walked over to face him.

"Look at me, you look so amazing tonight. And I'm not lying either. The reporters will love you! Go out there and make your Mami proud Geoff. You already make me so proud every day. Not just because you've become so famous but also because I get to call you my best friend and I've see how successful you've become. More than a best friend, you're my brother. Geoff, I love you and I'll always be here no matter what. Even in years from now, cuando estemos todos viejos&we both have children of our own, I'll still be there. No matter what! Even if you don't want me to!"

"Wow. You haven't called me Geoff in a while. I prefer that than Royce. And Luz, thanks. Thanks for all the love and support you've given me. I really appreciate it. I love you so much and I will keep you as a friend forever"

Or maybe more than that I thought to myself. Royce now had me in a bear hug. I never wanted to let go. This hug brought so many childhood memories.

"You better get going or you'll be late and that's not good!"

"You sure you won't come with me? I can call&see if they can wait another hour."

We were at an arm lengths away.

"No I'm sorry. It'll be livestreamed anyways or nah? Plus, I need more than an hour to get ready sweetheart! Now go! It's already 7:10! Go kick butt Geoff! Love you!"

Quickly, I gave him a kiss. He returned the gesture and ran out the door.

As much as I wanted to go, I couldn't. The press would probably assume we were going out and make up these huge ass lies and ruin everything. I knew how it all worked because I've worked with other celebrities and they would always complain about the paparazzi. Sometimes they even went into depression. In reality, I couldn't afford that. So I'd rather stay here watching him from my laptop.

I went to the kitchen to get pineapple with Tajin and ran upstairs before I missed anything. I set my snack on my bedside table and got my laptop and set it on my lap. It took a while but it finally turned on.