Chapter 11: The Change

*LUZ'S POV*

We shook hands.

"I like the name. Latino?"

"Si nena!" and he gave me a wink.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I'm trying to join the music industry, you see and the park is such a beautiful place so I decided to come here. Originally, I'm from Chicago but I took a vacation here"

"Ah, beautiful ChiTown o no?"

"Yes! How'd you know?"

"Oh I don't know! But you are really talented!"

"Its nothing really! But thanks! And now tables turning. Why are you here Luz?"

"Long story, just some relationship stuff"

"Stuff as in problems or stuff as in..." And he made a moaning sound.

"NO! NO OMG NO!" And we both burst out laughing.

Truth is, I had a very dirty mind. I have been like that since middle school. Lets just say, I could've made better friends!

"Omg! No, I mean, in more serious terms, I had a fight. With my boyfriend"

"Woah. I'm sorry. Did he try to hit you?! Listen, we may have just met each other a few minutes ago but I will beat the fuck out of anyone who hurt or tries to hurt you! Women abuse is not cool" Carlito said proudly.

"Oh no! Of course not! We just..."

"You know what? How about we talk about our lives first. Let me put this in my car and we can take a walk. Sound good?"

"Sounds perfect!"

Carlito went to put up his guitar then he jogged back to the bench where I took a seat.

We walked through the field and into a trail that led into sort of a forest like place.

We talked about our past and families and life in general. We finally exchanged nunbers and I hadn't noticed but my phone was on silent and when I checked the time it was 4:30pm and I had 50 missed calls. From who??? Yupp, you guessed right. Geoffrey Royce Rojas. Right when I was about to put my phone back in my purse I saw a car coming my way. It took me a few minutes to realize it was Royce's car. He pulled up to the sidewalk.

"Luz!!! LORD, THANK GOD I FOUND YOU! I'VE CALLED YOU A BUNCH OF TIMES, WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER?! YOU HAD ME SCARED TO DEATH I WAS ABOUT TO CALL THE COPS!"

"Babe, please chill I....." then I remembered the real reason I came.

"I was relieving some stress with all the homework and stuff. As for the phone, it was on silent. So sorry" I said with a 'I'm so sorry' face on.

"Don't scare me like that" and he went over to give me a hug. I didn't really want his hugs. He kissed that Emeraude girl

"Sorry baby! But hey, te quiero presentar a alguen. Royce meet Carlito, Carlito meet Prince Royce"

Carlito stared in awe as he shook the hand of Prince Royce.

"Earth to Carlito!" I said waving my hand in his face.

"Huh what?!"

"You were in some other world"

"Sorry but I can't believe I'm shaking the hand of THE Prince Royce! Such an honor Mr. Royce!"

"Oh no no no! Please don't call me Mister! I'm old but not that old! Call me Geoffrey! Nice to meet you Carlito!" He said shaking hands with Carlito.