Chapter 24: Almost There ?

*ANA'S POV*

Luz had not gotten back from her walk which was odd since a long time had passed since she left.

Enrique had taken the next flight to Miami to get back to work but he said he would come back this weekend.

Luz had gone to her doctors appointment and we found out the baby was perfectly healthy and we would find out the gender of the baby next month.

The phone rang and I ran to it in hopes that it would be Luz.

"Luz, its late ya---"

"ANA!" sobs followed "HE HAS ME! CAN'T EXPLAIN RIGHT NOW BUT CALL THE POLICE RIGHT AWAY PLEASE AND FIND ENRIQUE AND TELL HIM TO CONTACT BRYAN TO HELP HIM AND GET CARLITO AND ROY---" a voice cut her off followed by a slap.

"QUE CHUNGADOS TE DIGE PUTA?!" followed by screams.

"No porfavor! I'm carrying a baby in me!" then the line was cut and all you could hear was the beep coming from the other line.

I dropped the phone in shock. What has just happened?! It took a while for my brain to process that my best friend was kidnapped somehow and I had to do what she told me to.

First I had to call the police! Quickly I dialed 911.

"Yes ma'am what's your emergency?" the operator asked.

"Yes! Please connect me to the police right away!"

"Okay hold on ma'am" the operator clicked some buttons and in seconds, I was connected with a police officer.

"Ma'am how may we help you?" A deep voice answered.

"Sir, I just heard my friend she was kidnapped while she was taking a walk and their abusing her and she... she..." tears started streaming down my face "She has a baby! You have to help me!"

"Please calm down miss, tell me your address and I'll send 2 police and a detective on your way"

I gave him all the information and we finally hung up.

Then I had to let Enrique know. I dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Enrique!" I let out more sobs.

"Ana?! What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine but Luz! They took her!"

"WHAT?! WHO ARE 'THEY'?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Enrique yelled in my ear.

"I have absolutely no idea! Luz called me and asked for help but her kidnappers found out and hung up! I called the police already and they are sending help! You have to come here right away!" I wiped my tears which was no help since more were coming.

"Ohmygosh I... I can't! I have a concert tomorrow and it was already postponed so I can't cancel or reschedule it again!"

"S*IT ENRIQUE YOU HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO GET HERE FAST!"

"WELL... THE ONLY WAY IS TO TAKE THE NEXT FLIGHT TO HOUSTON RIGHT AFTER THE CONCERT TOMORROW!"

"Yes! Do that!"

"I will! I'll let my manager know and just... if you get any important information please don't hesitate in calling me! I'll probably be up all night anyways!" Enrique sounded desperate and worried.

"Yes I will! Enrique... Do you really love Luz? I mean, you guys are having a child"

There was a long pause on the other end.