Chapter 27: Loosing Their Minds

*ROYCE'S POV*

Seconds later, you could hear the ambulance coming and Arturo and his gang had fled after killing all the police officers. No one else but Luz had gotten injured badly.

"LUZ, CAN YOU HEAR ME BABY GIRL?!" Ana yelled to Luz.

"Yea" Luz answered weakly. She blinked a few times and looked away.

"Does it hurt Mami?" Ana kept asking.

"I'm perfectly fine"

"What are you feeling?"

"Nothing" Luz kept blinking and looking around as if everything really was fine.

The ambulance finally came and they immediately gently laid Luz on the bed and carried her away.

"Ana, why don't you go with Royce on the ambulance and I'll take the car"

"I need to take my own car bro, Ana can go"

"Okay" Ana climbed into the ambulance and Carlito and I ran to our cars so we could follow them.

*ANA'S POV*

The next couple of minutes were heart breaking. My best friend was between death and living and the doctors were doing everything possible to keep her alive. Most of the time I'd look away because seeing her in that state broke my heart to pieces.

I couldn't help but think this was my fault. Luz was like this because of me.

Tears streamed down my face as we approached the hospital. Royce and Carlito were right behind us the whole time.

*ROYCE'S POV*

"NO ONE CAN COME INSIDE PEOPLE, I'M SORRY!" The doctor rushed to Luz's side while other people rolled her down into an operating room.

"GOD DA*N" Carlito punched a wall and went the other direction to take a walk, I guessed meanwhile Ana and I stayed in the waiting room. We were all impatient and we were pacing back and forth.

"Oh Lord when will they come out?! I need to know how she's doing!" Ana said desperately.

"I'm just as lost at you are Ana..." I answered.

Only then did I realize what Luz had done. She interfered with a bullet that was meant for me, that bullet was for me, not her. I should be in that operating room right now. I should have been the one looking as if everything was fine back when the incident had just happened. All of this should have happened to me, not someone as innocent and caring and amazing as Luz.

And then something else hit me. When Luz was on the floor almost dying she said she left me because she had been raped by Sergio...

"Did you know?" I asked Ana.

"What?"

"Did you know Luz had been raped by Sergio?"

Ana stared back at me with a guilty look.

"Oh my God, oh my God" I looked at the walls, the floor, the furniture, I looked at everything as if trying to find an answer.

"Royce please cal---"

"I need to take a walk"

*AUTHOR'S POV*

Royce felt as if he had been loosing his mind. He took a walk and thought clearly about everything.

Ana was desperate for answers and every time a doctor would come out of the operating room, she would run to them, pleading to them for answers but none of them would give her any. Soon she started crying because she was loosing her mind as well.