Chapter 22: Va A Pasar

*LUZ'S POV*

I got a call at 3am in the morning. Now who the fu*k would look for me at 3am. It must be something important in that case.

"Hello?"

"Luz I... Can I come over?" it was Ana.

"Ana que paso?"

"Can I come over?" her voice cracked and I could hear tears running down her cheeks. It was truely heartbreaking for me.

"Of course!"

"Okay see you" she hung up and I got out of bed only to throw up again.

Suddenly I heard someone knocking but from my balcony door. Was it Ana? But Ana would use the front door.

I walked to the balcony and opened the door and a guy wearing all black stepped inside.

"Luz" he came over and hugged me. His smell was awfully familiar and once he took off the hoodie I recognized him immediately.

"CARLITO?!" I screamed.

"Shhhhh! You'll get the cops called on us!" he grinned and closed the door behind him.

Suddenly I got this angry feeling building up inside me.

"Why'd you leave me Carlito? After the friendship we built..." It was dark but I could clearly see his expression go blank.

"That's what I came for Luz. I wanted to say I'm sorry. For leaving you when you needed me the most. I was just... in love with you"

It felt like I'd been slapped in the face. OF COURSE! How could I not have noticed earlier.

"Ummm..." me quede sin palabras.

"I know, awkward now but I found someone else but don't take it offensively" I took a seat on the bed and Carlito did the same.

"I'm glad you found someone Carlito" I gave him a warm reassuring smile and I was debating if he should be the one to know.

"How you been?" he asked.

"Good. I ummm... I've been--" and I ran to the bathroom.

"Are you okay?!" Carlito ran after me. I slammed the door shut and did what I had to.

I wiped off my mouth "Yea I'm fine just..." then I went to the kitchen and popped a mint in my mouth.

Carlito stared at me, searching for any injuries but as he found nothing he went back to eye contact.

"You look different"

"How?" I was starting to get a headache.

"Skinnier, a little weaker, Luz what's been going on?" oh no.

"I'm---" I started "Nothing, I've just been overworking myself but I'm on break now"

Carlito searched my eyes again "I don't believe you" he said still maintaining eye contact.

I lowered my head and then I was looking at the floor.

"You gonna tell me?" Carlito asked getting closer.

I few tears were threatening to come out and Carlito finally caught me in a hug.

"I don't wanna get your shirt wet"

"Fu*k the shirt, what matters is you" and I let it out.

"Oh Carlito I've been so lost these days! I have friends there for me but I don't know if I want to tell them" I was muffled my his shirt which didn't bother him at all. He was listening in silence while we were standing there in the kitchen and I was just letting it all out on him.