Chapter 33: Magic

*ROYCE'S POV*

"Ms. Morales, and how fancy do you want this hotel room?" I asked. Honestly, I'd blow my money to please her.

"Take me to a Holiday Inn and it'll be fine"

"Ah Luz, always so simple. Its time to change things up a bit, don't you think?" I said turning up the radio a bit.

"No really, its fine" she repeated.

"How about early birthday celebration?" I suggested.

She laughed "Royce, its fine. You don't have to..."

"I don't have to but I want to baby girl. You know that's how Geoffrey Royce Rojas rolls around here" I brushed off my shoulder and that made Luz crack up.

"You are too much sometimes Geoff!" she playfully shoved my shoulder.

Tonight I would definitely be too much for you. Or vise versa. Or both ways too.

"So... We'll go to The St. Regis. 5-Star hotel. I've heard its pretty nice there too." Luz quickly started Googling it.

"Yea and very expensive! Geoffrey, definitely no. Somewhere besides---"

"Luz stop. Its your early birthday celebration. Now quit complaining and just enjoy it. Please!" I said while keeping my eyes on the road.

Luz gave a loud sigh "Geoffrey... I love you. Thank you for doing this for me" she said.

"Don't thank me Luz. Its my pleasure plus its the least I can do"

It got awkwardly silent after that so I turned the music up some more.

*LUZ'S POV*

Lord knows what'll happen tonight but, you know, I would hope its something pleasing.

After about an hour drive we finally arrived "And this is it..." Royce said turning off his car.

"Its beautiful!" I got out and looked up because it was a really tall building. Royce did the same and slightly lifted his sunglasses.

It sounded ridiculous but Royce was, in deed, wearing sunglasses at 5 in the morning. Yes, you never knew where the paps could be hiding.

"Isn't it? About 100 times better then that Holiday Inn..." he said.

"Shut up!" Royce and I took out our bags with little clothes and walked into the lobby.

"Ohmygosh. And it only gets better!" Luz said.

"Hello! Mr. And Ms...?" the receptionist greeted and asked.

We both looked at each other and Royce wiggled his eyebrows. I gave him a 'stop it or you'll regret it' look pero le valio madres.

"Mr. and Mrs. Rojas" he said happily.

"Mr. and Mrs. Rojas! How may we help you today?" The receptionist asked.

"Guest Room for 2. With two beds please"

"Coming up!" the receptionist said. She was awfully cheery. She opened a shelf full of plastic cards and took one and gave it to Royce.

"11th floor, room 11. Enjoy!" She said with a friendly smile.

"Thanks!" Royce responded.

We took the elevator up and found room 11.

The first thing I spotted was little candles for decor on the center table. Lots of them too. I just loved candles!

"They have candles Royce!!!" I said.