Chapter 1

A/N: Yay, thank you so much for giving this story a chance and for voting, much love 😘

-----

"Girl, you so fat, you got your own zip code!"

'Don't stop, believin'! Hold on to that feelin'! Street lights, people o-oooh!'

Lennon shot up from her bed, eyes wild. With a groan, I reached over to close the Pandora app that served as my alarm. I winced, noticing it was after six in the morning.

"I can sleep for a few more minutes..." I said, snuggling back into my bed. No sooner did I feel myself slip did the bangs start.

"Lennon Eliza Jennings! I know you are trying to sleep in there, but you better get up and at it or else you'll hit traffic!" My mother yelled from the other side of my door. "C'mon sweetie, Clea is making your favorite cinnamon french toast! And you know it's gonna be awhile before you get it again!"

My stomach growled in protest and I yelled back so she could stop banging on my door. With a huff, I tossed my duvet and headed to my bathroom, striping out of my pajamas along the way. Turning my head, I looked to the side at full length mirror in the corner of my room.

Fatty. Fatty! F-A-T-T-Y!

I shook my head and went to shower, heavy on the hot side. Once the waters ran cold did I exit the shower and wrap my long unruly locks, proceeding to dry off. In a rush, I threw on an old baggy tee and some sweats. With a sigh, I took one more glance around my room.

Part of me was growing anxious as I lingered in my room. I grew up in this room. This was where I played with my dolls and transitioned to designing clothes for said dolls. This is where I got the sex talk from my mom and watched my first rated R film. This is where I studied every night, read my vast collection of books, listened to my music (mostly classics).

It was also where I cried the most. Ate the most. And almost ceased to be.

I wiped my eyes fast and gathered the last of my items before running down the stairs. That was all about to be behind me now. I made it through four years of hell top of my class and a full ride scholarship to my dream school, an out of state school. Well, not so far out of state since it was in Maryland, just a few hours away from Fairfax. I just hoped that I didn't run into my past while I tried to start fresh.

"Finally she has graced us with her presence!" My mom, Elizabeth, stated with a clap. I rolled my eyes and kissed her cheek before sitting at the island beside her.

"Good thing I made yours last child," Clea said as she placed a stack of french toast before me.

My mouth watered and I dug in, trying to savor each bite. I've tried countless times to replicate Clea's french toast, but it never came out right. Then again, she was a renowned chef and everything she made was perfection. Clea grinned as she sipped her coffee, her eyes flickering between myself and my mother.

Clea is my mother's best friend for eighteen years and life partner of eleven years. They knew each other since they were in college and into adulthood. Clea had a crush on my mom for years and instead of confessing, she set her up with my dad who's a major eco-hippie. They dated a few months, got married after graduation, and had me later that year.

During that time, their friendship fizzled out till my mom called Clea, begging her to be my God-mother. And it was as if the clock reset, becoming best friends once more. Clea was always by mine and my mother's side. She was there when I learned my first word (Caya), began to walk, potty train, and even my first day school.