Chapter 31

A/N: Greetings love-bugs! My apologies for my lateness and semi-apology for the last cliffy hehe. Ok my peeps, there is another slight trigger warning with this chapter yet it ends on a comedic note, hope ya'll like it! 😉

-----

"We wish you a Merry Christmas."

Johnny was quick to push me behind him as he and his aunt had a stare down. Peeking over his shoulder, I could see that Cecelia was on the verge of blowing her top. Cecelia's face, painted to near perfection I may add, was now sporting flaming unattractive blisters and spots. Her gloved hands were clenched at her sides and she was vibrating in place. A few (Latino) waiters bustled in behind her. They silently cleaned Johnny's mess while the Masters continued their stare-down.

Johnny cleared his throat as he raised his palms up. "Aunt Cece-"

"Don't Aunt Cece me!" She cut him off. "What. Have. You. Done." Her ocean blue eyes were wild as she zeroed in on me, stepping forward a few feet. "How could you?!"

I gulped. "Me? I didn't-"

"You shut your hole!" She snapped, cutting me off. "I honestly figured that if I pretended that Johnny didn't bring some mutt to my party, it'll all be fine!"

I felt my eyes water as I shrunk back away from Johnny, not wishing to see his angry aunt's face anymore.

"Cecelia!" Johnny yelled. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You watch your mouth in MY HOUSE!" She yelled louder. "You've disrespected me and my guests! Almost everyone out there pulled me aside and told me how rude you and your mulatto have been! How could you do this to me?! I did not-"

"I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHAT YOU OR ANY ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THINK!" Johnny bellowed, silencing his aunt. "YOU ALL CAN ROAST IN HELL WHERE YOU BELONG!"

I sniffled and quickly wiped my eyes before Johnny noticed. He was now looking between me and Cecelia, the latter who had a hand to her chest.

"Johnny," she began softly. "Just because she has a little white in her doesn't make up-"

"Say one more word about her race Cecelia and I will clock you. I don't care that you are a woman and my late father's sister, I will do it." Johnny said in an eerily low tone. Cecelia straightened herself, taking a moment to speak again as if she was weighing in on what to say next.

"This is who you are Johnny. You'd really pick...her over what you know?" She pointed around the kitchen then to me before letting her arm fall to her side.

"I've been taking care of myself for two years without you and I will continue to do it! I don't need you and I sure as hell don't need the company you keep," he hissed as he pulled me to his side. "Besides, I'm turning twenty one soon, remember?"

Celica blanched.

"Yeah. That's more than just drinking legally Cecelia."

Celcia was huffing through her nose. "Johnny Jameson-"

"No, we are done. I'll see you in court Cecelia cause there is no fucking way that I'll risk Lily in your poisonous claws." He spat. "Let's go Lennon."

Johnny pulled me past his fuming aunt and out of the kitchen. I followed limply as we weaved and bumped occasionally into different guests. The outside world was seemingly oblivious to the kitchen riot Johnny and I just escaped from. I ignored the stares as we waited to get our coats and remained quiet as Johnny ushered me outside.

A blistering wind blew past leading me to button up my coat. Johnny, however, let his hang at his waist and choosing to whip out his phone instead. I followed silently as he dialed. He placed the phone to his ear as we continued our trek to his car.