Chapter 22

A/N: Hello lovely peeps and Happy Holidays! Whether it be Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah , nothing or everything in between, I hope each and everyone of you is well 😊 so, here's another semi-fluff induced chapter with a little surprise thrown in, hope you enjoy it! Also, I totally forgot to mention this last chapter but OMFG! THIS STORY HAS OVER 20K READS! GAH! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Yeah, I'm hype lol.

-----

"Be careful or she'll break the rides!"

With the end of another school week came a weekend I was both excited and nervous over. As promised, we were attending the tail end of an Autumn carnival near the outer suburbs of Baltimore. And his sister will be with us. In effort to calm my nerves, I extended the invite to Ash who quickly dismissed the idea.

"You need to interact with your future in laws eventually," she stated, but was quick to offer outfit advice. And I was beyond thankful over her conservative choice, white baggy tee with acid wash skinny jeans paired with a long thick knitted gray cardigan, matching beanie and black ankle boots. "In this situation, it always helps to wear something sexy underneath for later," she winked.

I knew my Ash was in there somewhere.

It was barely dark out when I heard a banging at my door. Since it was a school night and the start of exam week for us, Johnny and his sister arrived around five so we could leave the carnival before nine. Swinging the door open, the wind was knocked out of me when a force collided with my torso.

"Hi Lennon! It's great to see you again!" Lily exclaimed, stepping away.

"Me too Lily," I replied honestly.

"Geez Lily, can you be a little more careful?" Johnny hissed, coming into view. He was dressed in a blue, grey, and white stripped long sleeve v-neck underneath a dark blue hoodie with light blue jeans.

How he made such a simple outfit look so enticing was beyond me. I had to bite my lower lip to keep quiet. Johnny looked my way, his eyes zeroing on my lip that was currently between my teeth. Lily was talking a mile a minute, oblivious to the moment I was sharing with her brother. And soon enough, she had me out the door with Johnny trailing behind.

Lily's small fingers wove with mine, swinging our conjoined hands as we walked. She kept going on about all the rides we'd go on together and all the fair food we'd eat all the while I could feel Johnny's gaze burning behind me.

"Will you sit in the backseat with me?" Lily asked once we reached his car, her bright blue orbs staring through me.

"Pardon me Lily, but do you mind if I have my girlfriend back please?" Johnny piped in before I could answer.

Lily gave him the stink eye. "Are you gonna kiss her?"

He narrowed his eyes in response, "maybe."

"You're gross," Lily whined as she climbed into the car, slamming it behind her.

"Actually..." Johnny started, his focus now on me. "I had a comment to make."

"A comment?" I asked confused, earning a nod. "About?"

"First, you look beautiful. Second, all this girl talk is adorable, really; I'm glad she likes you. Three..." he stopped, three fingers hovering between us. "Unless you want Mister Grey to make an appearance, I wouldn't be biting my lip."

I smirked. "Oh really?" I asked, thinking back to one of our early conversations. "Are you gonna take me over you knee?" I joked.

Johnny's face was completely serious, his lips pressed into a thin line and his chocolate eyes were calculating. "No, I would do something else."