Chapter 13

A/N: Greetings lovebugs! Guess what?! This story has reached the 3k mark! O-M-G! Thank you so very much! I really appreciate all the love 😘 ok...here is another slight warning: there be racial/stereotypical comments ahead. Not much, but I just want it known and said. Also know I do not condone the behavior yet it's shown for character reveal. Regardless, hope you enjoy the chapter 😁

-----

"Her?! You?! Why?!"

We didn't back to campus till after seven in the morning and I slept in till the early afternoon. And with that upset in my sleep routine, I didn't fall asleep till after midnight that night causing a domino effect that screwed up Monday.

I had no regrets whatsoever. Johnny was with me today to pick up the dominos.

I slouched against the counter, a lazy grin stretched across my cheeks. Since I had the past weekend off, it was requested that I work today in order for another employee to get an extra day off. Mondays were slow days anyways. Checking the clock, again, I noticed it was just past eight. I suppressed a groan; one more hour.

Between the slowness and unloading the new merchandise, I drifted quite a bit. I was still haggard from the weekend but I was also overly stimulated from the events. From the movie night to the party to Johnny-

Johnny.

I flushed thinking of him. There was no denying how strongly I felt for him and I realized that fully when he dropped me off yesterday morning.

The sky was slowly morphing from orange to blue grey, welcoming the start of a new day. We had just turned back onto campus after watching the sunrise. I struggled to keep smiles at bay as Johnny drove. He would shoot me occasionally glances and would blush whenever I caught him. God, it was so adorable!

And after he parked, he power walked around the front of the car to let me out. Seriously?! I swear he's trying to kill me! To all the girls out there that says 'chivalry is dead' or that 'being a gentleman is corny', you are seriously missing out. I could say more, but I try to avoid being a potty mouth.

From there, Johnny held a gentle grasp on my wrist as he walked me up to my door. He had never done that before and my heart went wild at the action. Even more pressing, I still had his flannel as a main source of coverage and warmth. Note to self, don't wear a cat suit for long periods of time. Chaffing is real.

"Thanks again for last night. And this morning," I giggled.

He smirked. "Anytime."

Johnny's hand remained on my wrist as I dug in the belt for my keys. And once I found them, he didn't let go. Picking my head up, my eyes met his as he continued to stare at me. His gaze was so intense and I was slowly finding myself wrapped in a hypnotic state.

It was at that point that Johnny freed my wrist, bringing said hand to lightly caress my cheek. My eyes drifted to a close as his fingertips gripped my chin. His thumb grazed my plump bottom lip leading them to part.

"Lennon," he voiced lowly.

I didn't trust myself to answer so instead of speaking, I let out a soft hum in response. He chuckled deep in his throat causing my eyes to open. Johnny's face was centimeters from mine and I internally debated on closing my eyes again as his face drew closer, my eyes wandering straight for his lips.

Then his direction shifted, his pale pink lips brushing against my cheek. The feather like touch left my cheek burning and my body shivering. I let out a breath as he pulled away, a soft smile on his face.