Chapter 24

A/N: Hello lovelies, hope you are doing well! So sorry for my lateness but this blizzard this week has been a a major pain in the rear. But, I will not get into that right now. This chapter is a bit of a filler and in a way will be a jump start for some interesting things in the story. Oh, it's gonna get soooooo juicy from here my dears. Thanks for being so patient, I greatly appreciate it. Also, this story is over 25k now, woohoo! You guys made it happen for me and I hope we can keep the fluffiness going! Thank you all for reading and giving this story a chance 😘

-----

"Rags to bitches."

Saturday was finally here. And I was a very large bundle of nerves. On one hand, I was super excited that I survived my first semester. But on the other, I wouldn't get my grades for another week and a half. Oh, and the show was tonight. Only, our professor didn't mention that prospective designers and retailers would also be in the crowd.

Even more nerve wracking, my mother was one of them.

And just to pile it on even more, how my model plus my design was being graded during the show!

Yeah, no pressure whatsoever.

I was currently pacing back and forth in the hallway near the side Auditorium entrance, my heels clicking on the while tiles. My white pants billowed around my legs as I rotated every so often, causing me to adjust them frequently. Looking down, I also readjusted my wide collar and pulled at the tuxedo top that clung to my chest like a magnet. The constant fidgeting only added to my already torched nerves.

"Lennon!" A voice called. I turned seeing a flash of red followed by loss of air to my lungs.

"Good evening to you too Quinn," I wheezed out, stepping from her grasp.

Holding her at arms length, I was able to get a better look at her appearance. Quinn was currently wearing a black lace baby-doll dress that clenched at the waist and flared mid-thigh with a pair of matching colored Mary Janes. Her face, normally free of makeup, was donning a dark smoky eye that made her blue orbs brighter than normal and crimson red lips that created the perfect pout.

Completing the vintage look, her ginger locks were pinned to the side in a set of classic victory curls. Although her hair was obstructed by a veiled beret, her appearance and tribute to the decade was spot on.

"Wow Quinn, someone channeling their inner Katharine Hepburn?" I commented.

"The only wow is you! Where have you been hiding those curves?" She exclaimed, twirling me around. I giggled as I lightly slapped her hands away. "How long have you been hiding out here? You know the show is starting soon!"

"I know, I know..." I whined. "I'm just nervous! They're making a big deal out of a simple college assignment."

Quinn rolled her eyes. "Think of it as prep for the future," she commented leading me to roll my eyes at her. "And by the way, if you're nervous, how do you think Ash is doing hmmm?"

Crap

"Oh no," I moaned, feeling guilty about forgetting my model and bestie; her performance alone was worth a third of this grade.

"Yeah, oh," Quinn stated as she grabbed my arm and pulled me behind her. "It'll be ok Lennon! It's not like it's New York's Fashion Week!"

Yeah cause I'm sure that'd be a friggin' cake walk.

We weaved in between throngs of people each doing a variety of tasks. Since the teacher in question was the head of her department, she was able to combine each of her classes plus include the head of the cosmetology staff in order to create this event, thinking it was exciting and fresh to incorporate this type of event into the curriculum. The rest of us thought it was a headache and she's aiming to get some sort of bonus.